« 4 2 »

“thank you so much, sirs!”, mrs. park bowed as she thanked the firemen as they successfully killed the fire that had eaten up the husbands' home.

the fire officers also informed the family that the freshly-burnt house is still under investigation—as they are still trying to find out the main cause of the fire.

the husbands' home was one of the best built houses for freak's sake, that's why they are sure that the fire wasn't just caused by something like a fault on wirings.

also, jay is really hands-on when it comes to his and his husband's things—especially their house. he usually checks their stoves before and after using them. so, how the heck that fire occured?

the woman looked at his sons who were both staring at their home. the sadness was visible on their faces. “guys, let's go now?”, she called the two out.

since their house is currently unavailable, of course, mr. and mrs. park offered the two to stay at their home for the meantime.

jungwon nodded at his mother-in-law, before he held the hand of his husband who were beside him. “let's go”, he said.

jay just looked at him and smiled, though, the older looked really sad. “don't worry, jungwon, we're going to build our home again”, then he pulled the younger for a hug.

“don't you worry, too, hyung. there's nothing left to build, because you're completely fine. you are my home, no matter what”, jungwon said as he hugged the older back.

“yes, mom. yeah, we got some shirts here already. yes, mom, we're on the way there. alright, bye”, jay said as he talked to his mother on the phone that was being held by jungwon. the older was driving that's why he asked the younger to hold the phone near his ear for him.

“what did she say?”, jungwon asked his husband while he's scrolling on jay's phone.

he waited for an answer, but it seemed like jay didn't hear him. the older just continued to drive and sometimes glanced on his car's side-mirror.

“hyung?”, jungwon called the older out. “is there a problem? you look scared”, he pointed out as he watched jay's movements.

that time, jay looked at him and then he smiled, which only made jungwon confused. “nothing, i just—”, he was explaining, but a car from behind bumped their own vehicle. the impact wasn't that hard, but it did make their car sway a bit.

“w-woah. what's the problem of that driver? that doesn't seem like an accident, hyung”, the younger stated. he then looked at the car behind. “hyung, watch out!”, he shouted after he saw that the vehicle behind them sped up once again.

their car was almost hit for the second time, but fortunately, jay was able to go to another lane.

“that car was following us, jungwon. call dad, faster!”, jay ordered the younger as he glanced back to see the car himself. to his surprise, there wasn't only a single car, but three black vehicle following them. it's just that the one on their back was the nearest. jay gripped on the steering wheel tighter and cursed.

“dad! there's a car behind us and it seemed like the driver's following us! he even bumped his car to jay hyung's car!”, jungwon explained, the moment his father-in-law answered the call.

“there are actually three cars, dad! three cars are following us!”, jay corrected. “please, help us!”

“hahaha!”, someone laughed on the other line, and as usual, jungwon shivered after hearing that sound. he immediately looked at jay with a tensed look as he recognized the owner of that laugh.

that was mr. nam.

“where are my parents?!”, jay shouted and anger and frustration were clearly on his voice.

park jongseong, your parents are here with me inside their very elegant home sweet home”, the man answered with a teasing tone. “let's finish this already, shall we? just come here and meet your parents, alright? and by the way, don't ever try to escape from my men, hmm? you're not just being followed by three cars, guys! there are actually seven cars to escort you all the way here! bye!”, then, the call was ended.

jungwon almost dropped jay's phone because his hands were shaking too much after the call. he placed the phone on his pocket, and put his hands on his face.

“what are we going to do, hyung? how can we ask for help if there are seven cars following us?!”, he asked out of frustration.

“we're going to escape, don't worry”, jay muttered. “i'm going to change our lane fastly, so—.”

“hyung”, jungwon cut the older off. “don't even bother. we can't do anything now. i don't want to say this, but i rather die after i saw your parents, than dying here right on the road. we're just going to be killed by those guys behind us, believe me.”

“that's not right, of course there's still some choic—.”

“hyung”, jungwon cut jay again. he just called the older out, but didn't say anything after.

jay looked at the younger and he couldn't do anything but to hit the steering wheel. it suddenly felt like the end for him as well.

the older thought for a while, before he spoke.

“i guess, we can't do anything now but to face the demon, huh?”

| vote | comment | follow |

!tw for the next chapter!
“killings.”