Chapter One: Creature

,,Author's note: Hello! Thanks for choosing to read my story, I'm new around here with publishing. I hope you will enjoy my work! ❤"

It wasn't long since i moved here, only 3 months ago actually. The neighborhood was pretty silent during the days, almost everyone that lived here was the elderly. I live alone close the near deep forest, it's a nice place to relax. Recently there have been complains about loud screaming at night. There were rumors and famous fairytales of werewolves living in the forest, that's why no one other than me wanted to buy this property. People were scared of getting their children murdered, kidnapped or tortured by the werewolves if they existed. It was already evening and I decided to go to the forest for a bit. As I walked through the tall grass, I could hear rumbling around me. It might have been only some wild animals. I didn't mind it much and got to my favorite place. It was in the middle of the forest where the sunshine could get easily as it got through a spot with no trees. There was also a fallen tree that made a perfect log to sit on. I usually brought my favorite book. I enjoyed reading fantasy and romance books as well as sci-fi and western ones. I liked every piece of literature, some may say I was a bookworm. I sat down on the log and looked around. As I expected, there was no one. Just me, my book, and the silence of an empty forest. I quickly finished the book since I've already read 3/4 of it. My head was rested against a standing tree right beside the fallen one. I've closed my eyes for a bit and almost fallen asleep before opening them and glancing at the sky. It was starting to turn darker. Some of the stars were already up looking down at me. The rumbling... It appeared again and again. Suddenly I could hear a loud noise. It sounded like a wolf. No one ever saw a wolf around here so I was pretty surprised. Something huge started running around the trees in a tall grass couple of feet away from me. I quickly stood up and run the way I lived. The rumbling somehow got closer to me as I run away. Eventually I made it out of the forest and looked behind me revealing it have disappeared. I tried to catch my breath sitting on the ground looking in the forest. ,,W-What the fuck was that?!-" I said to myself quite loud. An older lady came to my side looking worried about me. ,,Are you okay young man?" She said and kneeled down beside me. ,, I'm okay, I just though I saw something-" I said looking up at her. ,,Well make sure you're not alone during the night, it's a full moon tonight " She said and standed up. ,, Yes, don't worry about me" I standed up as well as she went her way back. I tried to look around the forest for the last time. The sky got darker and I went back to my house. As the lady said, it was a full moon tonight. I was sure I won't sleep all night. Even tho I don't believe the rumors and fairytales of the werewolves living here, I didn't want to risk anything. After the dinner and a good warm shower I got to my bedroom and locked the door. Covers on my window were fully opened and the moonlight shined through them. It sounded like a pack of wolves were running around outside although it felt like the only one over and over. It could have been a lost or abandoned wolf near the forest, that's the only explanation how he would get near the houses. I looked out the window seeing nothing just a dark forest and brightly shining white full moon. It was quite lonely that night. All my friends already were asleep and I've been the only one awake. I've pushed one of chairs I had in my bedroom to the window so I didn't have to stand all the time. With my head placed by the window I started to feel sleepy. I couldn't hold it anymore and fell asleep.

I woke up couple of hours later with a terrible neck pain. The only thing that was bad wasn't the neck pain, there were some scratches on my window that said someone have been behind it. I quickly stood up and looked out. As I expected it was pitch black. I took my flashlight and examinated the scratches. After noticing a huge yellow eyes staring at me from the forest I backed off the window and dropped my flashlight. I could see something that looked like a wolf behind my window piercing its yellow eyes through my soul. My body hit the ground placing itself by bedroom door and my eyes filled with fear staring the same direction as its. The yellow eyes looked around the room and back at me. Now I could see it come out of the forest standing right in front of my window. It was a large wolf like creature. Wait.... Could it be?-... No , no way! They're not real!... They're just fairytales! - or 𝙖𝙧𝙚 they more?-...