27 | SENIOR PROM

SILENCE AND SOUND | CHAPTER 27

Harry stepped into the Tomlinson household and was immediately ambushed. Literally. As soon as he closed the door behind him, Phoebe and Daisy were standing in front of them with rubber swords twice their size in their hands and a fierce expression on their faces.

"Oh my, what did I do?"

"Kneel, traitor." Phoebe said as she messed up pronouncing 'traitor', making Harry chuckle.

It was a big mistake because as soon as he did, Phoebe hit him with the sword on his knee, 'forcing' Harry onto his knees and his hands up in the air.

"Okay, sorry. Sorry. What did I do?"

"You're teaming up with the enemy."

"And who's the enemy, to be precise?"

"Tommo the traitor. He left our team by cheating and made his own. He's a traitor, too. You both are." Daisy said and glared at Harry, who in turn decided to use a different tactic and put on his best puppy face.

"But I was bringing you presents."

"Presents?" Phoebe said, lowering her sword and her guard just a little.

"Yes, presents from your favourite bakery."

"Really?"

"Yes!"

Before either of the twins or the boy could say anything though, Louis stepped up behind the girls out of nowhere.

"Step away from my prom date." He said fiercely and slashed his sword across the back of their heads, making the little girls groan and fake death by falling down on the ground.

Harry laughed at the show the siblings had just put on and Louis' glare dissipated into a huge grin that made his eyes crinkle into slits and the boy gave his boyfriend a hand as he stood up on his feet again.

"My knight in shining armour." Harry said with fake awe and Louis grinned even more.

"You know it, babe."

The two shared a kiss before the girls stood up again and glared at their brother.

"You always sneak up on us, it's not fair."

"Everything is fair in love and war, my darlings," Louis said with a kiss on their forehead to make up for the defeat before beckoning all of them further into the house. "And this is definitely both."

"We'll get you next time."

"Sure you will." Louis said with a snort and Harry rolled his eyes before sitting down on the couch next to Louis cross-legged and beckoning the girls to him. Both of them were prompt to settle into Louis and Harry's laps.

"What'd you get us, Harry?"

"I got you your favourite cupcakes and cookies." Harry said with a grin and both the girls squealed before digging into the bag that had been previously ignored and momentarily forgotten.

Harry kept his eyes on Louis as he watched his sisters fighting over the cupcakes even though there was enough for both of them and rolled his eyes happily. Harry had always loved how Louis was with his sisters.

It had been hard without their parents, yes, but the one good thing that came out of it was the bond he'd made with each of his sisters and Louis couldn't be happier about it. He had spent six years taking care of his sisters and to say that he knew everything about them and would literally do anything for them.