Chocolate

Lunch was a time to look forward to, after eating lunch quickly, Chaeyoung would show up to the music room and wait for Jisoo, to arrive

Casual words were spoken now, greetings and goodbyes, sometimes even a compliment of musical intelligence

Eventually, small talk was a norm. And it all felt so easy.

Until Chaeyoung was reminded that Jisoo was with JB, and they weren't friends, there was too much baggage between them.

So now its 9 pm, and chaeyoung is sitting in a park bench eating some ramen, as stray tears escape her eyes.

Until

"Rosie, is that you?"

Jennie.

Chaeyoung wipes the tears off her face and places her cup of ramen to the side.

"Yeah, here I am"

And jennie sits beside her

"Wait, are you crying?"

"No"

"Your eyes are puffy and red Chae, give it up"

Jennie receives a both sad and tired look in response.

"Is this about Jisoo? "

"No why would it be? We don't even talk"

"Chae, you can trust me, I know she hurt you.

" i- how do you know about that."

" it's in her eyes, how she feels, and yours too. I asked her about it. And she told me. "

"Oh."

"Don't get me wrong, I love Jisoo and all but shes an idiot. "

Chaeyoung laughs.

"How are you really?"

"I was fine, somewhat, I was getting closer to being okay. But now we're back on speaking terms I guess, and it just brings back so much."

"Oh, the famous room meetings huh?"

Chaeyoung ignores the implication that Jisoo said something about her to Jennie because that couldn't possibly be true.

"Yeah, I guess"

" I'm gonna say something I probably shouldn't, but we're almost going to graduate, and i dont want to see you guys hurting. Jisoo loves you Chaeyoung. She's just so scared. She made a dumb decision."

"How, she has jaebom"

"They're not actually dating. They're actually both closeted.

"Oh."

"Just please give her time? "

Chaeyoung smiles sadly.

A couple minutes later, they say their goodbyes, and Chaeyoung finds herself walking home feeling more conflicted than before.