Somebody else

Junior year pt.2

The next day Chaeyoung waits, they always go to school together,right? So she stands in front of her house, for a whole hour, until she remembers, truly remembers, that from now on, that won't be happening.

But when she enters her Physics Class 30 minutes late only to see that Jisoo is sitting somewhere else now, she knows that this was in an effort to avoid her, so as her eyes start to water she quickly takes her seat next to her new partner, who had tooken up Jisoo's spot.

"Hey"

.....

"I'm Joy"

But Chaeyoung can only turn and offer a small smile that she works hard to fake.

-

Chaeyoung fights back the tears that attempt to spill out throughout the day

But when lunch comes she can't help it

She sits at the lunch table, where she's now alone, her eyes bore into her food, and as she's forced to hear the laughter coming from the table at which Jisoo now sits, so she let's a tear fall, then another, and another, before she goes to throw her food out and rushes to the bathroom.

And as she sits in the stall reminding herself not to cry too loud, someone enters, and in a minute she hears the voice of someone who has made the mistake of trying to help her.

"Hey, are you okay?"

It's Joy.

"I don't mean to intrude, I heard you crying and just wanted to check up on you."

"If you need someone to talk to, you can always talk to me, I'm Joy."

So she doesn't know it's me.

And then Joy leaves.

-

Drama class always makes her problems dissolve for at least at moment, but when their teacher announces that the talent show is mandatory for seniors in drama club, Chaeyoung thinks, and thinks, about which song to sing, but her mind goes blank.

However, when she shows up to school the next day and sees the crowd in the school courtyard, she wonders, what could possibly be so important that they've all gathered up at 8 in the morning for, and suddenly, as she gets and closer to cause of attention, her heart shatters. Again.

because now, she knows what song to sing.

And because there stood JB who had just asked Jisoo to be his girlfriend, and there stood Jisoo, who had just said yes.