chapter 18 (Azriel)

Hi! your author here. so I have decided I will give shoutouts to people who comment on this chapter. so comment down below for a shoutout in the next chapter

enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Azriel went to the kitchen for a minute to wash Nyx's eating bottle, when he came back he saw Gwyn sleeping on the couch beside little baby.
Azriel shifted closer to them. He brushed his thumb of a finger on Nyx's small cheek, Az couldn't help his smile at the gaze of these two. Gwyn's hand were on the baby's back- not even touching wings. Another want was close to her face.
His shadows started whispering something about her. He took a blanket from the other couch and slowly- more carefully placed it on them.
Azriel studied sleeping, Gwyn.
Her little nose, cheeks freckled. Those two perfect eyebrows, long eyelashes... Her long red hair, Azriel couldn't help himself and brushed her hair softly.
She didn't even flinch.Az looked at Gwyn's calm face. Remembered her smile, her blush-
He looked at her line of the jaw, her perfect pink lips.
Cauldron, those lips— he would do anything just to feel them.
'She's so perfect'
'We love her
'Tell her that she's beautiful
'Explain your needs to her'
His shadows were whispering into his ears softly. She was so gods-dammned beautiful, and perfect and he-
'God, I need help' he thought. Azriel started to move away, then Nyx started moving and after a second he was getting ready for crying. Az took him carefully from the blanket, trying not to wake Gwyn.
Nyx calmed when Azriel kissed him on his forehead but didn't close his eyes to fall asleep again.Azriel went into his room, with Nyx in his arms, he was stoking his fluffy hair and was murmuring some comfy words to 'make' him sleep.
He sat on his bed, wings around them.
"Why can't you sleep, little bat boy?" he sighed dramatically. Nyx was playing with his fingers and started giggling. Azriel immediately thought about Gwyn's smile and then he smiled at himself.
"Azriel?" he heard a soft voice. Gwyn.
"Yes?" he tried not to look stupidly.
"Is Nyx with you? I- I think I slept and he-" she came into his room. Gwyn stopped and her panic faded as she saw Nyx in Azriel's arms. She smiled and Azriel's heart pulse became faster. Gwyn sat beside Nyx."Why didn't you awoke me?" she asked, still smiling at Nyx.
"You were beautiful." He murmured breathlessly, "I was what?" she asked. Thank Couldrom she didn't hear- or at least pretended.
"I said you were calm- when you were asleep."
'Pathetic. Good job, Azriel'
"Oh- Well, next time just woke me Shadowinger." She smiled.
"Why you're awake now?" he asked. Her eyes shot into his. So, there was a problem. Then Gwyn looked down at Nyx again, and simply answered, "Nightmare."
Of course. He didn't ask her about it, if she wanted, she would tell him- maybe once. Azriel hated sleeping because of nightmares. That's why he was flying all night, he felt calm. Azriel shifted Nyx to his bed. Gwyn put down herself on the bed too, beside him. Azriel's heart didn't stop ricing.'She's in our room'
'She's on our bed'
Azriel held his smile and put his head on the pillow. Between babysitters was only Nyx. Whos eyes started to closing finally as Gwyn started to brush his hair.
Azriel smiled at Valkyrie.
And it was Gwyn's warm smile that he saw before shutting his eyes.