The Assignment

Another morning with new hopes, new aspirations, new beginnings.

Siddharth woke up to see it was 4 in the morning, he had to complete his assignment last night but due to headache he couldn't, so he got up from his bed turning his alarm off.

He wore his slippers walking in the washroom where he splashed water on his face.

He brushed his teeth, he then turned on the light, he opened the window allowing the cold breeze to pass through his room.

He sat on his study chair holding blue pen in his hand, he wrote down a few things for 15 minutes, when he looked outside the window, it had started raining slightly, he closed his eyes feeling the breeze on his face, tickling him.

He looked around to see lights on of Jannat's house.

He wondered what she must be doing at 4: 30 in the morning.

He climbed into her balcony through his balcony.

She was reading something totally lost in it when he went from behind.

"Bhoo" he said and she dropped her book to ground, "ahhhhhhhhhhhh" she screamed, her heartbeat increased.

"Arey bawli, it's me" He said covering her mouth.

"Can't you come normally?" She questioned still panting.

"I have heard that Jannat Zubair isn't scared of anyone!" He asked narrowing his eyes just to tease her.

"I'm not scared of anyone, it's just that you came so unexpectedly" she covered setting her hair in the mirror.

"Ohh" he replied not really agreeing to her.

"Anything special reason to invade in my house at 4 in the morning?" She asked crossing her arms near her chest.

"No!" He replied and she rolled her eyes sighing.

"Let me sleep then" she said sitting on the bed.

"You didn't sleep whole night?" He asked checking his face in the mirror.

"I was little worried" she said with a tensed expression.

"About what?" He asked sitting beside her.

"Siddharth, I gave my assignments to Arhan, because I thought he will submit to professor but he didn't, I'm worried, what if he keeps it with himself."

"Why would he?"

"Because I fought with him that day!" She rubbed her temples With her index finger and thumb.

"Hmm" he replied not really knowing what to reply.

"Sleep for now, we will see in college, what he does!" He said with an assuring smile.

She too smiled sleeping in the bed, he covered her with the duvet, going to his room.

It was 7 when he woke up,

"Your assignments aren't completed yet!" Jannat said examining some papers from his desk.

"Oh god!! I slept!!omg!!!" He said chewing his nails in nervousness.

"Go get ready first" she said sitting on the chair, stapling the papers together.

He quickly got ready.

"Only 4 pages are remaining, complete them, then we will leave" she said when he came out.

"But I'm so hungry right now, I want to eat something first" he said rubbing his stomach.

"Siddharth, come on, you can do it, just try atleast, you can't eat in bus also"

"Sorry bawli, in so hungry right now, see" he pointing at his stomach which groaned out if hunger.

He ran downstairs.

"He will be punished" she panicked looking at the papers.

***

"Had breakfast" Jann asked walking downstairs as she reached kitchen.

"Yes" Siddharth said rubbing his satisfied belly.

"Let's go now, we will get late" she said and they both filled their water bottles and went to their bus stop.

"Gosh! I forgot to do my assignments" Siddharth panicked at the bus stop.

"Now?" Jannat asked calmly.

"I'll have to complete before the teacher comes" he said nodding his head, planning how to complete his work in time.

"Okay" she casually, when the bus arrived, they both got into it when the same drama started, the boys at the back teased Siddharth, Jannat again scolded them and they kept quiet.

Siddharth was on verge of crying,

"It's okay Siddharth" she said wiping his tears.

"It's not okay everyday Bawli" he said rubbing his swollen eyes.

"Keep calm" she said holding his hand, she offered a smile and they both smiled together.

Soon they reached their college.

They sat in the class.

"I'll complete my assignment now" he said.

"Okay, all the best" she replied.

He smiled, but his smile couldn't last long, cause the professor came and firstly asked them about the assignments.

"Students I'll call out the names and you will have to keep your assignments here, make sure it is completed and nicely written, your internal marks will be given on this basis, and no one is allowed to write now, if I find someone doing this will be restricted from college for 1 week" he said this long line and Siddharth's heartbeat increased.

"Jannat what to do now?" He asked nervously.

"It's okay" she said.

He continued biting his nails in nervousness while Jannat called out for Aryan and took her assignment, she checked it properly and found that he didn't harm her work.

"Siddharth Nigam" the professor called out.

"Sir" Siddharth said and nervously submitted his assignment, he didn't tell the professor about the 4 pages.

"He will scold me" he said getting on the verge of crying.

"No he won't" she said keeping her hand in his shoulder.

"How?" He asked.

"Because I completed rest of the work" she said smiling brightly.

"What? Thank you so much!!!" He said little bit louder and hugged her.

"Don't start here Siddharth!" Aryan with his gang called out from the back bench.

Siddharth parted the hug sadly.

"Sorry" he said to Jannat and she nodded her head.

***

"Congratulations Siddharth Jannat Roshni! You three have topped again, best assignments must say!" Professor said gleefully clapping his hands.

"Thank you sir!" Three of them said together.

The class clapped for them while Aryan was just being rude ignorant ass, which he already was.

***

"Thank you for helping me" Siddharth said as they had their dinner together.

"Thank you and me?" She asked eating a bite.

"No genuinely I'm so grateful to have a best friend like you!" He said and grandma adored them.

They had their dinner chit chatting and slept in their respective rooms.

------------------------------------------

Date : 3 September 2021

How was the chapter?

Do vote and comment, it motivates me to write more.

See you in the next chapter.

Till then
Bye!!

💕💕💕