Interest

Next morning came with a warm sunlight hitting Jannat's face while she was all cuddled up in her comforter, and gosh; She looked so cute in her white oversized t-shirt and pink shorts!

She sat up straight palming her face so the sunshine got blocked, she smiled as the sun rays kissed her soft face.

She got up closing the windows, did her bed and went to the washroom to freshen up.

She sneaked into Siddharth's room only to see him sitting on bed trying to tie his shoelaces, as usual he wasn't able to, he couldn't process out things which required multi tasking, he never was able to tie shoelace despite of teaching him a million times, this job was like eating raw bittergourds for him.

Jannat went as she stood in front of him, she bent down to see his face. Pool of tears was collected in his eyes, if he blinked they would have fallen down.

She pulled his head towards her, he hug her, burrying his face in her stomach, "I'm sorry" Siddharth said in a muffled voice.

"Why?" Jannat asked him clueless of his apology.

"I cried" he said cutely sniffing through his nose as he pulled away.

" You know it's okay, still?" She asked.

Siddharth sniffed away his tears.

She bent down doing his laces, while Siddharth was feeling shame.

"Don't think much" Jannat said as if she read his mind.

"So Anushka is joining our college?" He asked as they both walked downstairs.

"She said she will" Jannat replied.

"How is your friendship with her now?" Siddharth inquired.

"She is my best friend, after you offcourse, what else should I say" Jannat said smiling which he gladly returned.

"Um, may I ask you a question?" Jannat asked.

"You already did, but ask?" Siddharth said while Jannat rolled her eyes.

"You are taking so much Interest in Anushka, I mean, you ask so much about her, it's not even 24 hours you met her, anything lining up in your mind?" Jannat asked as they reached downstairs.

"Um..no Jannat you are getting me wrong? It was just an act out of curiosity!" He blurted out in a breath.

"Chill, I'm just asking" Jannat responded keeping her hand on his shoulder.

"Good morning kids" Granna said carrying a plate of cheese pizza in her hand.

"What a yummy morning!" Siddharth exclaimed licking his lips.

They sliced the pizza feeding their hungry stomachs.

***

"Siddharth, I wanted your notes of accounts lecture" Sam said from back seat as the college was over, they were returning back home in the bus, Anushka was not seen in the college today, making Siddjann worried, she didn't even pick up their calls.

"Okay" Siddharth said nervously as he took out his book from the bag smiling like an idiot.

Jannat held his hand when he was about to give his book. Sam came forward from her seat as she stood in the bus, the driver was out to fill petrol in the bus.

"Jannat let me give" Siddharth whined like a kid.

"Why don't you complete your own notes Sam?" Jannat said faking a sugar coated smile.

"I was busy so couldn't attend the classes, thank you" Sam said irritated.

"Give me your books na Sid" Sam asked pouting which made Sid's heart flutter.

"Yes, yes" Sid snatched the books from Jannat and handed it to Sam.

"Complete your notes peacefully, all the best" Sid said as Sam smiled at him and went back.

"She is so cute" Sid said with heart eyed face placing his palms on his cheeks.

"And you are an idiot" Jannat said dangerously looking at him.

"What did I do?" Sid asked annoyed.

"Why did you give your notes? You know she never attends lectures, always bunking lectures and spending time with Arhan, she is a spoiled girl Siddharth" Jannat stated looking outside as the bus had already started.

"Arhan?" He asked suspeciously, his heart was on edge of breaking.

"Yes, they are dating each other since 3 months, don't you know?" Jannat looked at him.

He was shocked, he didn't know Sam's equation with Arhan, she was his first crush, his heart broke into millions of pieces.

"Why?" He dramatically placed his hand on his heart.

"Dil jude Bina hi toot Gaye......" he sang the song dramatically.

"Shut up Drama queen" She slapped his shoulder lightly.

He laughed out, he was still sad about this, she was his crush after all.

***

"I don't know when I'll find a girl of my kind" Sid said thinking deeply.

"I don't think, you will ever find your type of girl" Jannat said as she looked at him.

"She must be somewhere" Sid said dreamily remembering the motivational dialogues of Bollywood movie which always cheer up single people, lol!

"But we are just 18 to think about all this, we should focus on our studies right now" Jannat said breaking his chain of thoughts as they walked to their homes from the bus stop.

"No Jannat, you know this is the right age of thinking all this, don't you think that there should be someone who is there with you all the time you need, the one who supports you Everytime, the one who will cheer you up, the one making you smile?" He asked looking straight into her eyes, they both stopped walking looking at each other.

"Um, I guess, that's what friends are for, you are my best friend, you always do these little things for me, and I'm happy with this, I don't want to engross in such activities for now" she said breaking the eye contact as they walked forward.

"So you will never date anyone?" He asked curiously.

"I don't think so, I'm not girlfriend material I think, and so many people have the same opinion about me" she laughed out.

"But I want to date, and live a love story, what will I tell to my children then" he said proudly smiling but Jannat laughed at him.

"You think any girl will date you?" She laughed as she thought to tease him.

But Siddharth didn't, he nervously smiled at her, sweat started forming on his forehead.

He took the sentence in a not so healthy manner, he walked silently as they both reached their homes, Jannat was trying to talk but he didn't.

He was hurt by her words, was he really this bad that no girl would be interested in dating him, he felt like crying. He thought, Jannat will cheer him but she made fun of him, made a joke of him, his own best friend thought that he couldn't date a girl, he was deeply hurt by her words.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Date : 4 October 2021

How was the chapter?

What do you think will happen now?

Do vote and lots of comments, it motivates me.

See you in the next chapter.

Till then
Bye!!

💕💕💕