Basketball

1K+ Reads on this book!
Thank you to all of you! You are so precious!!
Keep supporting, Keep loving me and my book! ❤️

Follow me if you haven't!

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Siddharth was standing on the terrace observing the twinkling stars in the night sky, he used to come on the terrace oftenly, the stars used to remind him of his parents, though he wasn't on good terms with them, still he was a great son.

The cool breeze hitting his face making him hiss, he was standing there all alone, the surrounding was silent apart from the dim sound of horns of vehicles. He was a great admirer of nature, he was offered many times for trekking and trips but due to his Acrophobia, he couldn't make it out!

He flinched when he heard the sharp sound  of his best friend.

"Hey" she chirped coming upstairs with a basketball in her hand.

"Heylo" he greeted glancing at her.

She passed the basketball to him, but he failed catching.

She huffed and he sighed.

"I'm trying okay!" He said in irritation.

"I didn't say anything" she replied standing beside him.

"How are your preparations for the inter college festival going?" He asked after few minutes of comfortable silence.

"Fine" she replied looking at the mark on backside of his left palm.

"When did you burn yourself?!" She freaked out examining his hand.

"Um, I was just trying my hand in cooking" he said taking his hand back.

"Gramma didn't tell me?" She questioned narrowing her eyes.

"I told her not to" he replied looking away.

She furrowed her eyebrows suspeciously.

"It's nothing, I'm fine now" he said calming her.

She nodded her head when she heard it herself.

"All set for tomorrow's basketball match?" He asked looking at her.

"Yes, kind of! Um....I'm not satisfied with the team, the girls aren't that strong, they all are busy pampering themselves, basketball needs strong arms and legs.
I'm little worried about the match, my hopes are low this time, let's see what happens" she sighed looking down.

"Hey, you will do great!" Siddharth cheered his best friend putting a hand on her shoulder.

"Hope so" she crossed her fingers. He smiled at her genuinely and she too returned a warm smile.

"Let's go, you have a big day tomorrow" he put a hand around her shoulders as they walked downstairs, Jannat went from the window to her house and Siddharth slept in his bed after switching off the lights.

***

"I'm so so nervous Siddharth!" Jannat panicked in the corridor.

"I told you, everything will be fine" he assured his best friend.

"Siddharth, Mr.Jain asked me to win the match, how can I? Our college have high hopes! It is a teamwork, my team's ain't that strong!" She said as she sat down frustrated on the chair.

"Jannat, you will rock it, I promise, and even if you don't win, no one is going to say anything to you, everyone will know you tried! Just go and set the court on fire! Bring out the Jannat Zubair Rehmani in you, I know you will rock it, try your best, the team players will also cooperate, just go for it, don't think too much" he assured her as he hugged her.

"If you say so" she said pulling away from the hug.

"The team Captions are supposed to report backstage " a voice came out from the speakers.

"All the best!" He said as he kissed her hair.

She smiled at him, seeing him do such little things for her fluttered her heart, she loved her best friend a lot, he was whole package of all emotions, she was indeed very lucky to have him.

She ran towards the backstage as Siddharth made his way at the sitting area.

He was going there when a teacher assigned some work to him, he did as the teacher said and rushed to the stadium door, the match was about to start in 5 minutes, he couldn't miss it, he had to cheer for Jannat.

He was making his way when he bumped into a girl.

The girl was carrying load of books with her.

The books fell down from her hand as Siddharth bumped with her. She twisted her leg in the activity and was about to fall when Siddharth held her by her waist.

They had a short eyelock for 5 seconds when reality struck him, he left her, but she felt hard on the ground.

He ankle was injured. She cried in distress holding her leg.

"Can't you walk slowly, don't you have eyes!" She spoke out loud enough for everyone to hear. But Siddharth didn't hear anything, he was lost in her admiring her.

"Hello mister!" She called out bringing him back in the world.

"I'm so sorry, it was a mere mistake, I didn't see you" he blurted out nervously.

She found him cute, she smiled at him and he too smiled at her.

"Will you take me to the nurse, I don't think I can't stand, and I'm new here, I don't have friends" she asked for help.

"Um, yes" he looked around finding any girl but he didn't find any, so he wrapped a hand around her as he made her stand making her walk with his support.

He was running late for the match.

***

"Nothing serious, just a twitch, it will be fine, I'll spray here and it will be fine" the nurse said.

"Please make it quick ma'am" Siddharth said and the nurse nodded.

"Feeling better?" The nurse asked the girl.

She nodded her head gleefully.

"I have to go now" Siddharth said as he ran towards the stadium finding Jannat in the court defeating the opposite teamin the first half.

He sat near his friend watching his best friend play!

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Date : 26 September 2021

How was the chapter?

Do vote and comment.

And who is the girl? Any guesses?

See you in the next chapter

Till then
Bye!!

💕💕💕