27 • The Charles Comics

"Al, are you ready? We really have to go." FP called towards the bedroom, where she was getting dressed.

He fiddled with the buttons of his sleeve and adjusted his tie once more, wanting to look perfect for the occasion. Today he was finally going to present his follow up series. The stakes were high and somehow he was more nervous than usual.

"In a minute!" She called back, clearly not wanting to be rushed.

"Does she always take this long to get ready?" FP turned to Charles, who was standing neatly dressed next to him, also waiting for her mother and Fred to come out the bedroom.

"She has been nervous for tonight, don't tease her too much. Or do tease her, but you'll sleep on the couch." He grinned.

"Just when I got mattress privileges? Not risking it, that couch has been killing my back." FP chuckled and looked back at the bedroom door that squeaked open. Fred's head poked out.

"FP, are you ready to see your date?" He asked, giving him a smirk.

"Hell yes." FP was eager to see what she was wearing but he already knew she was going to blow him away.

Alice walked out the room with a proud smile, showing herself in a form fitting baby blue dress that fitted every curve oh so perfectly. It ended just above her knees and all FP could do was look at her with wide eyes, being driven speechless by her eternal beauty.

"Not good? I can change real quick, if you give me a few minutes—" Alice stammered nervously, misreading his silence. She thought that it wasn't good enough for the event, or that he simply didn't like it.

"Hey, don't be silly. You just got me all speechless. You look gorgeous, Alice. Breathtaking." He told her, a loving smile curling on his lips as he pulled her closer by her waist.

"Really?" She wondered, smirking a little too.

"Oh yeah, you have no idea." FP groaned, and wanted to lock their lips together in a steamy kiss, until Fred cleared his throat.

"Keep it in your pants, there is a child watching." He joked, nudging his head at Charles.

FP shook his head in amusement. Later, he would have plenty of time to treat Alice like a Goddess.

"Come, they are waiting for us." He took Alice's hands, and the four made their way downstairs.

**

FP's publisher had rented the chiquest hotel in Riverdale, after he insisted to do the launch there. Riverdale was the heart of his work and he wanted for everyone to come here, and really feel what he had been writing about all those years.

Today was the start of a new chapter in the life of his characters, just right after a new chapter in his own life had started. He couldn't wait for the world to see what he had been going through in this town.

"Are you nervous?" Alice asked, reading the worried frown on his face.

It was almost time, and somehow she could sense that he wasn't relaxing. She assumed that he would be excited, but his hands were shaking a little.

"Yeah... which is weird considering I've never been nervous about these kinds of things before." He said, confused with his own feelings.

This was his natural habit for so long, why would he suddenly get stage fright? He wasn't particularly fond of speaking in front of crowds, but he was used to this.

"Is it because we're there?" She wondered, thinking of how different it must feel to have her, Charles and Fred in the audience.

"I do want you to be proud of me, yeah." FP said softly, blushing just slightly.