one

WAR HAS BEEN RAGING FOR OVER a year now, the country having split into conflict. West Ravka and small cities on the other side of the Fold, are supporting the rebellion. The rest of Ravka was struggling to keep the country together. Especially now that word had spread and enemies of the Crown or the Second Army, await patiently for the downfall of Ravka.

Nyx's army had successfully pushed Aleksander's up the Vy, having Kribirsk under her siege. The number of soldiers in her army had also increased, a lot of men and women joining their cause. Even a few Grishas had joined. Making her army stronger than it was when they started - possibly even stronger than Aleksander's army - and since then Zoya and Nyx had rejoined once they pushed Aleksander past Kribirsk, they held a strong front.

"Nyx, take a look at this." She turns around and smiles at Adrian, who had grown even more over the last year. After he had recovered from his wound, he continued his battle training with Nyx and discussed different invention ideas with Nikolai or David.

Once she had believed him to be ready, she started teaching him how to think strategically and like a leader for when she'd hand him over the position of General. It had been a long discussion she had with Nikolai, Zoya and David. All four could not deny the potential that Adrian had, but they were still worried he was too young for the position. In the end they came with the decision that when the time came, they'd find a solution for that, but no matter what they'd leave the position of General to him as long as he wanted it.

"Nikolai says we should continue moving forward to have the Darkling's Army move back towards Sikurzoi. But I think we will face a risk of having them try to surround us from the north and south, then cornering us to the Fold. So instead of having the frontlines move on in a straight line, we should have it move in curved line." He explains and she tilts her head as she looks at the map he had taken to show her his thought process.

"So that if they try to move south or north, we can push back. Smart. Good job. Let Nikolai, Zoya and David know." She says and he beams proudly.

"Already told them. Also, a white fox and snow leopard were spotted in Tsibeya." He adds on and her interest peaks, she turns to face him. "All I need is your orders to send someone to catch them alive."

"Good. It would be best to have both, or two of each. I think it's time to get you an amplifier as well." She says, making him smile appreciatively. There was only one person who was aware of her plans to get a second amplifier and that was Adrian. They'd disguised their search for the animals, as a search for an amplifier for Adrian.

"Alright, I'll send a few men to go find them." Adrian says excitedly, before rushing away. She chuckles softly, before continuing to walk towards her tent. She doesn't get far, before she is joined by Fedyor.

"Seems like you and your little prodigy are very busy." Fedyor muses and she gives a look, before shaking her head.

"He has a name." She points out, causing him to sigh in response.

"I know, I just don't trust him." He says honestly, making her smile weakly.

"Well, he doesn't trust you either." She admits and he chuckles dryly.

"No one trusts me fully. Not after me switching sides. And I understand, so don't give me that look of guilt. I wasn't expecting you all to welcome me easily into the inner circle, not when you worked so hard on it." Fedyor says honestly, making her let out a weak breath.

"I'm really sorry about this, Fedyor. I trust you with my life, but I don't know if I can trust you with that information." She explains and he nods in understanding.

"Don't worry about it too much. What matters is you winning." He says, patting her on the shoulder before walking away. She takes a deep breath and makes her way into her tent.

Removing her black Kefta - she hangs it up on the coat hanger in the corner - and rolls up the sleeves of her white shirt. The high heats of summer had started taking its toll on everyone and wearing the black Kefta all day in the sun, didn't help her whatsoever. But at least she had managed to get her army the right uniforms to fit this weather. Nikolai was working on getting the Grishas summer appropriate Kefta to use instead of the winter ones.

Taking a seat in her chair, she sighs and lets her head fall back as she closes her eyes. She had truly not thought through how long this path of vengeance was going to take and she certainly didn't want this to take long. She definitely had the upper hand at the moment, but she was still nowhere near crushing his armies.

She hadn't seen him since that moment on the battlefield, a year ago. Of course, she preferred it that way. But deep down she also knew that she missed him. If there is anything she wanted more at the moment, was that things hadn't turned out the way they did. No matter how angry and how much she hated him now, it didn't erase all the years they had spend together. The times he'd reassured her, laughed with her, taught her and even fought along side her. Those were memories she could not forget.

But those were also memories that fuelled her anger, that reminded her of the pain she had felt on the day of the Winter Fete. It had been a year and a half since then, and she could not get the image of seeing Alina Starkov walking in wearing a black kefta. Colours which were reserved to Aleksander only, and minutes after promising Nyx those colours, he'd shown off his sun summoner with them.

It was that day, that she had decided she'd make sure he felt the same pain and humiliation she had.