Chapter 13

A/N: You are so awesome! Welcome back and I apologize for not being able to update as rapidly. THANK YOU so much for your loyalty with this story. Without further ado..

Disclaimer: As always I own nothing. Only the storyline.

*******************************

Rachel sat in her car, half way home. Kurt had called saying he would stay at her house so she wouldn't be alone. It was going to be difficult since the last time she was home, she made love and shared her bed with the only guy she ever really cared for... Her Sam...because he was. She was an idiot for not sticking around and fighting for them. He deserved better, but so did she. She just had to let him go. Concentrate on her future and get the hell out of Lima and Tennessee. New York bound come hell or high water.

Rachel pulled into her driveway and Kurt was waiting in his car. When Kurt saw his favorite Diva, he rushed to open her door and wrapped his arms around Rachel, and Rachel gave him a pained but fake smile.

Kurt: Oh my Barbra! Welcome Home!

Rachel: Thanks. To be honest I don't even know where home is anymore.

Kurt: New York of course. Don't worry Rach, your favorite fashionista Diva is here and tomorrow we shall go shopping, and just forget everything.

Rachel: I wish I didn't have to forget. I'm stupid.

Kurt: No, never. You're home..myself and Blaine have missed you. Lets get in the house and have dinner and tomorrow everything will be better.

Rachel: Thank you, Kurt. I am glad I have my BFF.

Kurt: Love you too.

They walk into house, and Rachel went straight to her bedroom. She walked in, getting her pajamas for a shower, glanced at the bed and suddenly flashback images of her time with Sam flashed. Rachel ran to bathroom, and turned on the shower. She got I and let the tears flow. She began to sing since it always calmed her. She truly missed Sam already. It amazed her how fast he gas captured her heart. Maybe she made aa mistake. But Kurt was right..New York is her true love.

"I'll say goodbye for the two of us" (A/N: By Exposé)

(Rachel)

When you wake up

And find me gone tomorrow

Don't think I meant to hurt you

I just did what we knew I had to

And all the time we knew

The time was never right for us

Time to leave this love behind

I could never leave you -- Baby

If I saw you cry

Chorus

I'll say good bye for the two of us

Tonight while you sleep

I'll kiss you softly one last time

And say good-bye

Like I know we must

There's just no other way

And I couldn't bear to see your heart break

So I´ll wait till your asleep to say good-bye

Please realize

How hard it is to do this

I'm trying to make it through this

Say good-bye just as gently as I can

Please try and understand

This time just wasn't the time for us