Chapter 4: Is This A Start?

Nat's POV

So when someone is unconscious for three days the first thing you should probably not say is, 'hey glad you're awake oh and by the way you and your worst enemy are now engaged.'

"What do you mean I'm engaged to Forrester! I hate that creep!!!"

"Miss! I would appreciate it if you did not speak such ill will about your fiancé!"

"But I never agreed to marry him!"

"It is an arranged marriage."

"Is that even allowed in this day and age?! No wait in this country?! This isn't some fuedal country we live in! This can't be happening?! Who arranged it anyway?!"

"Your parents and Mr. Landon's parents."

"They are not my parents."

"What do you mean?"

"Nothing."

I gave up because trying to explain the multiple issues between me and my 'parents' to Gabriel would be too complicated.

*sigh* "Okay. Where is Forrester. He and I need to discuss this. NOW!"

"He is not here right now but I will let him know you are looking for him."

"Okay thank you. So do you two mind if I take a shower?"

"No we will leave right now, Nat."

"Thanks, Demitri. I'll meet y'all downstairs."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

After my shower I started panicking. This isn't my house, I won't have any clothes here! I was just about to use my phone and beg Demitri to go buy me some when I saw inside of a walk-in closet. It was stocked with clothes! I mean the variety was impressive. It ranged from every season to every occasion. My phone vibrated to indicate that I just got a text message, I looked down to see a message from Demitri.
From: 1st & Foremost
To: Nightingale

Nat, there's some clothes in the closet for you. So don't freak out about not having any.

Of course he thought ahead. Demitri always has my back. I started dressing when I heard something. I spun around ready to beat the crap out of whatever fool decided to creep up behind me.

"Hmmm, your stance is off."

"What?! No, the question is what are you doing in here?! I locked the door!" Doesn't Forrester at least know how to knock on the damn door?!

"This is my house, princess. I have a key."

"Whatever! Just get out."

"But I like the view," he smirked.

That's when I remembered that I was only wearing an oversized T-shirt! And I mean that was literally all I was wearing. Plus the shirt was white and belonged to Demitri so it only reached to just above my mid-thigh. "Forrester. If you value your life you will stop staring and leave. NOW."

"Now why would I do that?" He says with a smirk on his face while approaching me. So I do the only sensible thing. I kick him. HARD.

"What the HELL is your problem!"

"Me?! What about you! You're the one, who kicked me!"

"I prefer the term 'beat your ass'. And that wouldn't have happened if you hadn't tried to 'approach' me!"

"We're going to be married soon anyway, whether either of us like it or not, its already been decided."

"So what, I'm supposed to just go along with this absurd plan!"

"Yes! It was our parents desicion, and besides it's not like it would be so bad to marry me now would it."

"You're right, it wouldn't. It would be so horrible that I would rather die!"

"Oh? Is that so?"

Next thing you know he has me pinned to the wall holding my wrists over my head while his face is only a few inches away from my ear.

"Wha-what do you think you're doing?!"

My voice was a mere whisper under him.

"I, Landon Forester, swear that you will fall for me before 2 ½ months. And you will beg our parents to push the wedding forward."

"That will never happen. I would never fall for you and I would never 'beg' my parents. For anything. They aren't my parents anymore anyway."

"What? What is that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing. It has nothing to do with you so just drop it. Its none of your concern anyway." I say while turning my head away from him. I expected him not to care and just smash his lips into mine like he would have before I mentioned them. But instead something changed. There was a different air about him now.

"Like hell its not, Natalia."

Landon's POV

I don't know why but I gave into my urge. Instead of forcefully kissing her like my plan intended. I gave her a gentle kiss on her forehead. I let go of her wrists and left her there with a puzzled look on her face. Why didn't I just do what I always do? Why wasn't she like all the other girls?! I already knew the answer, but I refused to admit it. I knew I still wasn't over Natalia Wolfe.