Chapter 13

I woke up to the scent of my favourite breakfast. I got dressed for the day then for makeup I added a little bit of eyeliner, mascara and lip-gloss. Afterwards I made my way downstairs and straight to the kitchen where my delectable breakfast lay. Bacon, fluffy buttery scrambled eggs, warm fluffy biscuits, freshly baked chocolate chip cookies and apple juice on the side. Before I even saw who was cooking I knew it had to be Dimitri. So I sat down and dug straight into the meal.
"Mmmhm! Dimitri this is fantastic!"

"Of course it is; I made it after all" he claimed sending a wink my way.

I was just about to eat my last piece of bacon when none other than the physical embodiment of evil swiped it away from my fork.

"Thanks Talia. That was delicious."

I gaped at him. He did not just have the audacity to do that. I was dumbfounded. He must be a complete fool because everyone knows  to never touch my food! Especially my bacon.
"Landon! You bogger! I can't believe you just stole my bacon!"

"Best believe it Sweetcakes. And it was goood!"

"You NEVER! I mean never! Mess with my bacon! That’s off limits!"

"Hey don’t hate Talia! It was only a piece of pig."

That was it. I started chasing him around the kitchen island.
"Stop running and let me beat you like a real man!"

"No thanks! I like my man parts!"

Next thing I know Dimitri was holding me from around my waist, stopping me from capturing my prey.

"Dimitri! You big lug! What do you think you're doing?!"

"I was just making sure you don’t make a mess, Princess. Besides since when did he start calling you Talia? And when did you start calling him Landon?"

I thought about it for a second, and to be honest I wasn't quite sure. It kinda just happened. So I answered Dimitri with the only answer I could muster, a shrug.

"Well good morning all! I'm so glad you're awake Nat. I'll be ready in to shakes of a salt shaker."

"Sounds great. I'll just wait for you here, Kathy."

"Wait! Where is she going?"
Of course Dimitri and Forester had to cut in. They were so overprotective that I could quite possibly go insane.

"She will be going with me to a few functions today. And Landon it would do you well to remember who your mother is and to not raise your voice at her."

"Yes ma'am. But Talia can't go anywhere. Its too dangerous."

"I would have to agree with your son Mrs. Forester. And as Natalia's bodyguard I cannot in good conscience allow her to go head first into the line of danger while I sit idly by."

"You two are being too paranoid. She can't simply stay locked away in this house forever. That will cause anyone to go crazy! She will be coming with me and that's final. You two could always accompany us if you'd like; that was never off the table."

"….what exactly do you mean Mom? What is the first thing that y'all plan to do today?"

"Well first of all we have an activity planned with the children's home down the street. Then later tonight there is a formal we will attend." Kathy had a sly look on her face but for the life of me I could not understand why.

"Give me a minute. I'll get dressed and be ready to leave."

"Oh but Landon I thought you hated these kinds of things. You would never come with me before."
Oh. Now I got it. She was enjoying messing with Landon's head.

"Can't a guy change his mind if he wants to?!"

"Yes, of course he can sweetheart. Especially if it has anything to do with the girl he loves." Kathy was really enjoying ripping him up. She was honestly a woman after my own heart.

"I-I'm going to go get changed now."
Landon started running out of the room but not before I caught a glimpse of the blush on his face.

Hey all! Ik ik this chapter is really short especially after having to wait for so long😅 I'm so so soooooo sorry! I've just been overloaded a lot recently and this is the first I've had a chance to post since. Again, I'm sorry that I took so long but I really hope y'all like it! Please don't stop giving me feedback! I'll never know how to better the story without it!