17.7

Someone blew up the Toretto household and luckily everyone was outside when it happened. Dom has Brian, Mia, and Jack leave the country before going to find Hobbs, only to find out that he is in the hospital. Andrea meets Dom at the hospital, having heard what had happened.
"Shattered his collarbone, fractured his leg in two places," Elena explains to Dom and Andrea as she leads them to Hobbs' room. "He only regained consciousness this morning. The first thing he said was 'Get me Dom'. He's in there." Dom goes to enter the room before turning back around because he knows something is wrong with Elena. Andrea walks into the room to give them space.
"Give this number a call later. He can help us find the person responsible, whoever it may be," Andrea explains as she gives Hobbs a small slip of paper.
"Why can't..." Hobbs starts to question her but Elena and Dom walk into the room.
"Got something for you. Your files," Elena says as she walks over to him.
"Thank you," Hobbs tells her as he takes the files.
"You risk life and limb to save the free world and what do they give you?" Dom asks as he looks at Hobbs. "Jell-O and a bad '70s TV show." They look at the TV to see Hulk come on screen causing Hobbs to chuckle.
"You know it's got its perks," Hobbs tells him. "Sponge baths ain't that bad."
"Dad!" A girl calls from her spot in the corner.
"I'm sorry, baby," Hobbs says as he, Andrea, and Dom look at her.
"Dad?" Dom asks confused.
"Honey, I want to introduce you to some people. They're, uh... they're old friends. Go on and say hello," Hobbs introduces them.
"Dominic Toretto, Right?" The girl asks as she stands in front of Dom. "My dad said he kicked your ass once."
"Young lady, watch your mouth," Hobbs scolds her as Dom looks over at him before he shrugs.
"Your dad's on heavy pain meds," Dom says causing Hobbs and Andrea to chuckle. "I can understand if his history is a little hazy."
"I doubt it," Samantha retorts causing Dom to smile.
"All right, honey, that's enough," Hobbs scolds her again. "I want you to go get something to eat with Elena while me and the Toretto's have a talk. You hear me."
"Come on, lady. Lets get some cookies," Elena tells her before they leave the room.
"Who did this?" Dom asks as he steps closer to the bed.
"You remember Owen Shaw?" Hobbs asks him back. "The one we tore half of London down trying to get. Well, this is his big bad brother. Take a look at this." Hobbs hands the files to Dom.
"Deckard Shaw," Dom says as he looks at the profile causing Andrea to raise her eyebrows in alarm. When she was working for Mr. Nobody, she had heard the name and back story.
"British Special Forces assassin," Hobbs explains. "The kind of unique asset that no government would ever admit to employing."
"Black Ops Boys," Dom says in understanding.
"Worse. They created a monster," Hobbs corrects him. "They felt Shaw was a necessary evil until eventually they decided he was unnecessary. The powers that be felt that he knew just a little bit too much. The asset became a liability. So they sent in 20 elite operatives to retire him."
"And they missed," Dom guesses.
"That was six years ago, and Shaw's been a ghost ever since," Hobbs says in agreement.
"Until now," Dom states. "How do I find him?"
"The official answer is, you don't," Hobbs answers him.
"He killed Han," Dom tells him. "Almost killed my family."
"He also tried to put me in a body bag too," Hobbs interrupts him. "Which is why when I get out, I'm gonna put a hurt on him so bad he's gonna wish his mama had kept her legs closed. But until then, my official answer to you is stand down."
"Now, you know I can't do that," Dom tells him.
"I do know you, Dom," Hobbs says with a nod. "Which is why now I give you the brother to brother answer. You do whatever it is you gotta do. When you find that sumbitch, just do me one favor."
"What's that?" Dom asks him.
"Don't miss," Hobbs answers him.

TOKYO, JAPAN

"Hey, yo, Sean!" Twinkie calls as he walks over to Sean. "Hey, check this out, man. This dude and girl over here want to race the new DK."
"Not tonight, Twinkie," Sean says with a smile.
"Said they knew Han. They said Han was family," Twinkie adds.
"Alright, lets race," Sean agrees before he pulls up between Dom and Andrea at the starting line. "Nice rides."
"I won it from our friend Han, a few years ago," Dom tells him.
"I didn't know that he was into American Muscle," Sean says with a smile.
"He was when he was rolling with me," Dom explains to him.
"You both know this ain't no ten second race?" Sean asks him.
"I got nothing but time," Andrea answers him with a smirk as she cranks her car. "You ready, kid?" Sean's girlfriend walks between the two cars before pointing to a girl on the right.
"Ready!" The girl on the right says. Sean's girlfriend points to the girl on the left.
"Seto!" The girl on the left says.
"Go!" Sean's girlfriend yells before they take off. Dom wins the race with Andrea right behind him before he, Andrea, and Sean find a place to talk.
"Han said you were both fast, but not that damn fast," Sean says as he shakes his head in amazement.
"Who said American Muscle can't drift?" Dom asks with a smirk.
"Han mentioned he left his enemies in his rear view," Sean says as he looks at Dom. "He never talked about it much."
"Always playing it close to the vest," Dom says with a nod as he looks down.
"We found a couple things by the crash," Sean says as he pulls out a bag. "Wasn't much left." Sean hands a smaller bag to Andrea, which contains a picture of Gisele.
"Gisele," Andrea says with a shake of her head before sitting beside Dom on his hood.
"Oh, yeah," Sean says as he looks in the bag. "There's one more thing. I found this." Sean hands a necklace to Dom before Dom realizes that it is his and Letty's necklace. "Must have meant something to him. When you find the guy that killed Han, what are you going to do?"
"Words ain't even been invented yet," Dom answers him as he holds up the necklace.

LOS ANGELES

Brian stands beside Tej, Andrea, and Rome as Dom walks up to Han's casket.
"They say to live in the hearts of those we leave behind is not to die," Dom says as he places Gisele's photo on the casket. "But he put you in this grave. So now I'll do the same to him." Dom then touches his head and chest in a cross motion.
"I can't do no more funerals," Rome says as he, Brian, Andrea, and Tej watch. Andrea squeezes his hand in comfort.
"First Han. Now Hobbs is laid up, of all people," Tej says as he shakes his head. "We're being hunted." Dom and Andrea notice a car slowly driving through the cemetery. "You know he's out there somewhere watching, right?"
"I hope so," Brian says in agreement. "Means he's close."
"Just promise me, Brian," Rome says as he looks at him. "No more funerals."
"Just one more," Brian says as Dom starts walking over to his car. "His." Dom takes off chasing the car out of the cemetery. Andrea squeezes Rome's hand before she rushes over to her car.
"Andrea Toretto," A voice says causing Andrea to stop and smile since Hobbs had listened to her.
"Mr. Nobody," Andrea says with a smirk as she turns to face him.
"Thank you for giving Mr. Hobbs my number. I believe it's going to be an advantage to all of our interests," Mr. Nobody explains. "Lets go save your brother." Andrea nods before getting into the car with Mr. Nobody.

"You thought this was gonna be a street fight?" Deckard asks him as he pulls his gun on Dom. Gunfire starts raining towards Deckard before men drop down from ropes causing Deckard to run. Cars pull in surrounding Dom.
"On the ground," A soldier orders. "Now!" Dom hits the soldier in the stomach with the sledgehammer before knocking a gun out of the way, putting another soldier in a head lock.
"Whoa, whoa. Easy, guys," Mr. Nobody says as he walks over. "We're on the same team here. Mr. Toretto, I'm here on the recommendation of mutual friends of ours. The main one being Mr. Hobbs."
"Who the hell are you?" Dom asks him.
"Me? I'm just a guy," Mr. Nobody answers him. "I'm Mr. Nobody."
"It's a big entrance for a nobody," Dom states. "And the guy that put our mutual friend in the hospital? You just let him get away."
"I think I might have just saved your ass there, Dom," Mr. Nobody says with a smirk causing Dom to tighten his hold on the soldier. "Listen, you think you could let go of my guy there? He's beginning to turn a little blue." Dom shoves the soldier to the ground. "I appreciate that." Police sirens can be heard. "Ah, here they come. Listen, Dom. There's a war going on between shadows and ghosts like me and your sister Andrea." Dom looks at Mr. Nobody confused before Andrea gets out of the car causing Dom to now look at her confused. "You and your team unwittingly walked into the middle of it in London and it appears it's now followed you home. It's up to you. We're gonna have a beer. You're welcome to join us."
"Dom lets go. This is the secret organization I told you about," Andrea says giving him a nod. "He can get us Deckard Shaw."