chapter 12

Niall is attacked leaving an interview and the boys must pull together to help their band mate through his recovery. It isn't easy...

-

"Harry...do you want me to- oh, fuck- do you want me to lose?"

"I don't know, I quite fancy a Chinese..."

"You're such a- Jesus Christ! - bastard but, oh God, don't stop, please, don't stop..."

"Like that, do you?"

"Yes! Just-."

"And what about if I do this?"

"Holy mother of fuck! Yes, please, Harry-!"

They looked at each other with wide eyes when they heard their front door bang open and Louis was quick to pull his trunks up as Harry stood.

"Zayn can't be ready already." Louis said.

"If he is then I don't care what he says, we're getting pizza." Harry pouted.

It was then they heard a raised voice through the door and they knew something wasn't right.

Liam and Niall were in their living room still dressed in what they had been wearing last time Louis and Harry had seen them. Liam was pacing the space in front of the television, his phone pressed to his ear, and he was speaking so quickly that neither of them could follow what he was saying. All they could work out was he was very angry.

Niall was on the sofa looking incredibly pale and as if he was either about to start crying or burst into a fit of laughter.

"What's going on?" Harry asked.

The laughter won out and Liam shot him a look that showed he clearly thought that whatever had happened wasn't something to laugh about.

Harry repeated his question but with greater urgency this time.

The laughter was bordering on hysterical now but they both thought they heard something that sounded like, 'she's destroyed everything.'

Then the laughter turned into sobs.

Louis immediately moved to the younger boy and wrapped his arms around him and stroked his hair, "what's happened, Niall? What do you mean?"

Had something new happened? How? When? They hadn't left the complex!

"The police are on their way." Liam informed them as he dropped his phone onto the coffee table with a quiet clunk. "I can't believe this!"

"Why are the police coming?" Harry asked, a mixture of fear and worry making his face crumple into a frown. "Tell us what's happened!"

"Niall's flat has been broken into." Liam said and he collapsed onto the sofa and buried his head in his hands.

"What? Have they- did they steal something?" Harry asked.

Liam snorted, "I doubt it. It's been trashed."

"What do you mean?" Louis asked, looking away from Niall for the first time.

"It's been trashed." Liam repeated. "The whole place. Everything. I don't think there's anything in there that can be saved."

Harry's eyebrows shot up into his hair, "you're not being serious, are you?"

Niall nodded his head but he didn't say anything.

His crying had quieted now to nothing more than the occasional sniffle and Louis thought he might be in shock.