Chapter 7: Traitor

Chapter 7: Traitor

"Give the doctor another couple of minutes, he will be right with you. Would you like me to get your mother?" the nurse asked. She was slim and much taller than I was. I shook my head and she left the room.

They had already wrapped my arm but the nurse wanted to make sure I hadn't hurt anything else. Jessica and Angela were in the waiting room. They were waiting for the guys to get to the hospital. Angela had called my dad so I was waiting for him to walk in any minute. My mom, I knew, would be here any second since I was at the hospital she worked at.

"Katherine DeLari?" I heard a male voice as he walked in.

I turned around and noticed a tall, pale man. He had blonde hair and golden eyes. He was very beautiful, it was almost unreal. He walked closer to me, and I knew he seemed familiar.

"Yes," I finally answered.

"Tell me what happened?" he said. He took a stool and sat close to where I was.

"I'm very clumsy, I guess. I was walking down a street and almost got ran over. I wasn't really paying any attention to what I was doing," I told him.

He took a couple of notes. "Hurt anything?"

I lifted my arm covered in bandages to show him the damage. "I think this is it." I pointed with my order hand.

He laughed, and he got up the stool to touch the back of my head. "Nothing tender, did you hit your head at any point?"

"No, my hands broke my fall. I'm fine, I promise," I pleaded, "Can I just get out of here?"

"I'm just trying to make sure everything is alright, Ms. DeLari," he said. When he said my name, I looked at his name tag. Dr. Carlisle Cullen.

My brain felt like a light bulb had gone on. The name Cullen was the one Angela had told me. The doctor was related to the man who had almost killed me today.

I began to make simple conversation. "Do you know my mother, Dr. Cullen?"

"Yes, I do. I showed her around on here on her first day," he informed.

"She says you moved back here," I told him.

He walked back to the desk and dropped off his clipboard. "I did with my family. We just had to get away on vacation but now it's good to be back home." He smiled at me and I smiled back. His smiled seemed full of lies but he was still sencere so I had to believe him. "You can go now, Ms. DeLari."

"Thank you," I said getting off the chair.

"Just be more careful," Dr. Cullen told me.

I walked out of the ER and walked into the small hallway. I saw more doctors and nurses pass by me. I tried to just walk to the corner to get out of the hospitals. I didn't like hospitals, never did.

I checked my phone as I continued walking. I tried to see if my friends or parents were looking for. I didn't want them to worry anymore. However, there was only one message, and it wasn't from who I expected. Jacob had sent me a text message saying "Are you still coming over later?" I had completely forgotten about our plans but it was only about noon so I decided I would meet him anyways. I text him back telling him I would see him a little bit.

I put my phone away and continued down the hallway. As I turned the hallway, I saw the four strangers from before. They walked pass me and didn't even notice me. I turned around to see them. They walked into the room I had gotten out of. I knew they were probably related to Dr. Cullen. It was still strange to see them there.