Chapter 8: Get Ready

After four days of tireless waiting, it was finally Friday.  In a couple of hours, Hagakure would be going on her long awaited date with Ojiro.

"All right that's everything for today. Have a good weekend and I'll see you all back on Monday"

Everyone quickly packed up their things and hurried out of the classroom, eager to start their weekend off with a bang. 

"Hagakure, could I speak to you for a moment please?"

She stopped in her tracks as Aizawa motioned for her to come to his desk.

"Oooooooo you're in trouble!"

Ashido teased as she slipped past Hagakure and out the door with the rest of the class.

Hagakure slowly walked to the front of the room, her hand shaking as she pondered what Aizawa wanted.

"What can I do for you Mr. Aizawa?"

She asked nervously.

"Well Hagakure, while you have maintained your academic grades, your hero training has not been at an acceptable standard lately"

Aizawa muttered while sifting through a mountain of paperwork. Hagakure couldn't argue with him. Ever since she lost her quirk, she had failed almost every training exercise and she lost most of her sparring matches over the week.

"I completely understand why you wanted to postpone your surgery and live your life as a normal teenager. But I'm afraid that if you don't return to your normal performance, I will be forced to transfer you into general studies in place of a more promising candidate"

Hagakure hung her head in disappointment.

"I'm sorry but there's nothing I can do. I suggest you get your surgery as soon as possible"

"Yes sir"

Hagakure said weakly, trying to hold back tears.

"It will all be ok Hagakure. You're a fine hero and you have a promising career ahead of you. Now go enjoy your weekend"

Aizawa smiled as he patted her on the shoulder comfortingly. She solemnly walked out of the classroom clutching her bag to her chest, torn over what the right decision was.

I know I should get my surgery. My invisibility will help me achieve my dream of becoming a hero. But if I do, Ojiro won't like me anymore. He only asked me out because he could finally see me. If I become invisible again, there's no way he'll find me attractive and I'll lose him forever

As she rounded the corner, she saw Ashido leaning against the wall, waiting for her.

"Everything go ok in there?"

She asked.

"Yeah everything is fine"

Hagakure replied, obviously in disarray.

"Well I know what will make you feel better!"

Ashido said clapping her hands in excitement. Hagakure raised an eyebrow as if to ask what it was.