Chapter 9: The Date

"Hey"

Ojiro muttered weakly as he slowly made his way over to Hagakure.  He had never been more nervous about anything in his entire life.

"Hey"

Hagakure replied, just as nervous. 

"You look.... really nice"

Ojiro squeaked, rubbing the back of his head as his face turned redder than a tomato. 

"Thanks. So do you"

Hagakure blushed as she desperately tried to avoid looking him up and down, but it was so hard not to.  Ojiro was wearing a light blue polo with khaki pants and black vans.  His shirt was a little snug, clinging perfectly to his chest and biceps.

Why does he have to be so hot. Ugh this is going to be so much harder than I thought

They stood in awkward silence for a minute, both of them too nervous to say anything.

"Wait, a minute, are you two going out?"

The couple looked to the door, seeing Bakugo had just returned from training with Midoriya right behind him.

"Um yes we are"

Hagakure replied curious as to why Bakugo seemed to care what they were doing.

"How the hell did the monkey get a girlfriend before I did"

Bakugo grunted as he headed up the stairs.

"Maybe because Ojiro is a nice guy who doesn't call people extra all the time"

Midoriya replied smugly, causing Bakugo to pause halfway up the stairs.

"What did you say to me Deku?"

He growled as he whipped around, his eyes burning with hatred.

"I said maybe you should be more like Ojiro. You know, like not being an arrogant jerk all the time?"

Midoriya chuckled, the same mischievous glint in his eye.

"DIE YOU BASTARD!"

Bakugo yelled and dove at Midoriya setting off mini explosions as they grappled on the carpet.

"Cmon guys not in here!"

Kirishima yelled as he ran in to break up the fight.

"So um, shall we?"

Ojiro cleared his throat and motioned to the door.

"Yeah let's get out of here!"

Hagakure smiled, laughing at the scene behind them as she walked out of the dorms, Ojiro holding the door open for her like the gentleman he is. They walked side by side, Ojiro keeping his hands in his pockets racking his brain for something to talk about. He was new to this sort of thing and while his feelings for Hagakure were real, he was still getting used to expressing them.

"So where are we going?"

Hagakure asked curiously.

"Oh there's a carnival about a few blocks from here. I remember you suggested we do a funhouse for the school festival so I thought you might like it"

Ojiro replied, hoping he picked out the right thing to do.

"Oh yeah those are fun! Thanks for planning everything"

She gave him a sweet smile but on the inside she was screaming with joy. She couldn't believe he actually remembered what she said. The school festival was months ago.