Speedrunner Sapnap! X Hunter! GN! reader

Keep your enemies closer.
(Angst to fluff)
Gender neutral reader.
______________

"Hey Y/N, whats your favorite color?" Sapnap asked his bestfriend, who was destined to end his life. They sat next to him, in the nether, while George, Ant, Bad and Dream gathered materials for later fights.

Of course he knew that, and he didnt care. So did they. They knew of this aswell, but the burning passion to grow closer only burned higher and stronger.

"Brown."

"Brown, really? Out of all the colors-"

"Because it reminds me of you."

"Aw, Y/N.." Y/Ns name played so gently on Sapnaps lips, he almost didnt recognize the pang of guilt that washed over their face.

"Are you okay, is something bothering you?"

"Why do you keep your enemies close, Sapnap?" Y/N choked out a sob, their face almost cloaked from under the hood they wore.

"Y/N you could never be my enemy..but if you think so, i ' ll keep you even closer, ya got that?" Sapnap planted a kiss to their forehead, giving them closure.

"It'll sting for a little, sapnap."

"What?"

Y/N proceeded to plunge their Axe into Sapnaps body, letting Sobs escape their throat freely. Sapnap knew he wouldnt-- or couldnt-- hurt Y/N. He accepted his fate, knowing this was the consequence.

Of keeping his enemy closest.

-

"See, Y/N? It wasnt so bad.." dream consoled the other hunter, who successfully completed the mission of killing sapnap.

"Was it, dream? Did i Have to kill him? I fucking loved him!" They peered into Dreams masked eyes, with their own empty ones.

"Wait- you what?"

Y/N whipped around to see George once again to pester them about the death of Sapnap.

"What do you want now?" Y/N hissed, glaring violently at the blue shirt man aho came to them again.

"I wouldnt have put you to that if i knew you really loved him Y/N.."

"Well its too fucking late now!" Y/Ns voice trailed to a whisper. They spun on their heel and walked all the way out of their hunters camp.

.

"Y/N whats your favorite color?"

"Brown."

Y/N sighed, replaying the calming, innocent memory of Sapnap asking their favorite color. Their boots clicked slightly against the terrain changes.

"Y/N?" A voice called out.

Thinking they was just recalling the situation again, they answered to relive it.

"Yeah?" A voice answered instead of theirs.

"Whats your favorite color?" They asked instead, feeling washed up guilt returning.

"..(H/C)."

Y/N whipped around to see none other than sapnap.

Their voice trembled, as they called his name in hushed whispers. His arms were wide open, they observed him longingly. They ran full speed into Sapnaps arms, tackling him to the ground.

"I missed you, Y/N!" Sapnap placed a kiss on their forehead, wrapping his arms securely around Their body. "SAPNAP!" They screamed out again, tears streaking down their face with hiccups.

"Its gonna be okay, im right here.." Sapnap consoled his partner.

"I love you.." Y/N sniffed, repeating the sentence followed with apologies.

"Sh, i love you too." Sapnap smiled, wiping away his partners tears, holding them in his lap.

"And i ' ll always be here."