𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 1

Wei WuXian and Jiang Cheng returned to Lotus Pier with no injuries at least, and Jiang Fengiman was not mad.

Jiang Yanli then Came and hugged her two younger brothers, but there was one sibling missing.

"Shijie, where is Y/n-Jie?" Wei Ying Asked.

"She's probably with Mom right now, I haven't really seen her lately." Yanli replied.

"Ok ok, Chat later. Let's eat first." Jiang Fengiman.

They all then walked to the dining area which was one of the outside porches. They all sat down but the two spots on Jiang Cheng's right remained open.

"Eh, where is my Mom and JieJie?" Jiang Cheng asked again.

Jiang Fengiman looked around before speaking. "They're both a little tired, we can eat first."

"Who says I am tired?"

Madam Yu than walked out with her personal maids, with Jiang Y/n by her side.

"Since you come, just sit and have the meal. The children are hungry. I told them to eat first." Jiang Fengiman spoke again.

Madam Yu looked him with a glare "It is not the right time to be hungry, in a few days at Qishan, wether they can eat or not remains unknown. They better go hungry for a while now to get used to it."

Her two personal maids retreated to the door way but Y/n stayed by her side. She than sat down next to her father while her mom was on her left.

She didn't touch the food, she knew the look her mother gave she knew she had something to say.

"How you be so calm?" Madam Yu Exclaimed.

"How can you be So calm and unconcerned? The letter said if we ever dare to disobey their order and refuse to give them our clan heirs, we will be charged with Treason Against the gentry and harm to all the clans." Madam Yu explained with rage in her voice.

Jiang Y/n only looked down the whole time and only fidgeted with her fingers, she didn't dare cut in.

"You idiot. I tell you, in your whole life you are nothing compared with the guy sitting beside you and the one next to me. No matter for cultivation or night hunt. Now you are even the first to one to go asking for your death wish to become a reality! Even though A-Y/n is a girl, she's also independent on the battlefield!"

"But it's not your fault, your mom is no match for his mom. It is what it is." Madam Yu finished.

Jiang Y/n finally decided to speak up.

"Mom, If I may speak. I want to go with A-Cheng so I can protect them when we go to Qishan." Y/n said still not looking up.

"Your Sister is offering her life to protect you, just so that you don't die! But she's not going with you!"

Madam Yu than left.

"A-Cheng, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that. Your not weak! But I don't want anything bad happening to neither of you."

"Da-Jie...."

"It's ok. A-Cheng, A-Xian, A-Li. But please be careful."

Jiang Y/n gave them a closed eye smile.
———————————————

The next day they were sent off to Qishan, Y/n couldn't help but worry for them already.

She let out a sigh and went back to her room and to meditate.

She closed her eyes and let her mind be at peace, breathing even.

-in her mind-

"Jiang Y/n..."

"What?"

"Jiang Y/n..."

"Who? What? Who is calling me?"

"You have a special power, but it has been sealed...."

"What do you mean...?"

"It will be unlocked when it's time..."

"Wait! What do you mean!"

"Hngh!" Jiang Y/n opened her opened her eyes along with gasp. Trying to catch her breath from the shock. Sweat all along her body.

"What was that? Special power? Sealed? What did they mean?"

She got from the crisscross leg position on her bed, she walked to her mirror. She went to wipe her sweat but what she saw in the mirror shocked her.

Slitted pupils and fangs, they made her look like a snake. Then her features returned back to normal.

"Was I just imagining things?"