Chapter 20

-Lea-

2 months after Marcus's burial...

"Are you sure about your plan, Lea? And are you sure that it is the right time?" Vice asked me for the nth time, obviously worried on what to happen next. Kasabay ng pag-aalala niya ay ang pabalik-balik niyang paglakad sa harapan ko.

"I am 100% sure with my plan. And Vice, there is no right timing. You just have to make your timing perfect, okay? Saka, nakalipas na rin naman yung 49 days ni Marcus, sa tingin ko naman ay pwede na." I calmly explained to her while sipping my tea.

"So, about your plan, basta eentrada ka na lang sa mansion niyo nang ganon? Eh paano yung mga guards? Sure naman akong pina-ban ka na doon lalo na yung impaktang sampid doon." She rolled her eyes while mentioning Bea's nickname.

"We have a back-up, ano ka ba? Remember, I have my father? He already ordered the guards and maids to let us through. You've got nothing to worry about." I followed my statement with a laugh and wink. Ang mukha naman ni Vice na kanina pa naka-busangot ay biglang nagliwanag nang marinig niya ang binanggit ko.

"Oo nga 'no? Hindi ko naisip iyon!" I drank the last drop of my tea, stood up and picked up everything I needed.

"Kaya let's go na! I can't wait to see their reactions." I gave her an evil grin, then I went out of our penthouse. Good thing that Aga's not around when we went outside. Speaking of Aga, we haven't spoken nor met since the garden incident. He must've been honoring my request, and I think, it's actually the best for the both of us.

-------------

We reached the Saavedra's mansion, or should I say our mansion, without any hassle. The guards automatically opened the gates when they saw Vice's car. As for the main door, no sweat, because it is only locked by a fingerprint and as one of the owners of this mansion, my fingerprint is registered of course.

After entering the mansion, we headed directly to the dining room and I wasn't really surprised to see who were there. Sitting there was my mama, Bea and Aga. Maybe my cousin was stuck on his duty again and chose to stay in his condo. I also noticed that Bea was acting very flirty to Aga, what a sore in the eyes!

When they saw our figure, they immediately stopped eating and stared at us like they've seen a ghost. Horror was plastered on their faces, especially Bea's. Oh, I would give anything just to see their reactions over and over again...

"Good morning, everyone! Oh, why did you stop eating your lunch?" I started. I sat on one of the vacant seats and invited Vice, then I asked the maids to prepare plates and utensils for us. "Is this what you want? Gusto pala kasabay ako sa pagkain para makakain din sila." No one dared to move nor speak.

Bea stood up and slammed the table hard and because of that, she got my full attention. "Wow! Here's the girl who did not even show her shadow to Sac's burial and then you're here? How dare you, Lea?" She said with a gritted teeth. Oh, I love that she's already fuming with anger.

I smiled at her sweetly to annoy her more after drinking my water. "Number one, I am not a girl but a lady. Number 2, are you even that close to Marcus to call him Sac? The last time we've talked about you, he told me that he hates you more than anything else in the world. In simpler term, you don't have the right to call him by that name. Number 3, I attended my childhood best friend's burial, but I chose to stay where nobody can notice me. And lastly, number 4, how dare me? Are you sure with that? It should be how dare you, Bea?! How dare you steal all of the things I possess while I suffer and live in a world full of darkness and unknown!!"

"He hates me? Buti na lang pala at patay na siya." She snorted that made me angry, but I contain it, I have to.

"Be careful with every words you say, Bea." I warned her.