Chapter 25

Pasensya na, kung papatulugin na muna

Ang pusong napagod kakahintay

-Third Person-

It's a beautiful day. Birds are playing and chirping everywhere, trees and grasses are swaying according to the way of the wind. Sun is up and is shining very brightly. It's really a very good day to live.

Nakaupo si Lea sa isang picnic blanket na hindi niya malaman kung sino ang naglatag. She sat there because it gives her peace, just like when she and Marcus were still together the last time around. Sumandal siya sa puno na nasa likuran niya at patuloy niyang pinagmamasdan ang tanawin na nasa harapan niya. Ngayon niya mas na-appreciate ang lahat dahil nandoon lamang nakatuon ang buong atensyon niya.

Ilang sandali pa ay may lalaking umupo sa kanyang tabi. "What are you smiling at?"

"Just appreciating the view, Sac. It's very—uhh! I can't even describe it!" She answered without looking and realizing who she's talking to.

"Yeah, it's true that this place is very serene and breath-taking, but this isn't your world yet, Lea." Her eyebrows were knitted in confusion.

"What?" She looked at the man on her side. "Wait—Marcus?" That's when she noticed who's the man babbling beside her. Marcus nodded and initiated a very warm and gentle hug. "Y-you're alive?"

Marcus shook his head. "Sorry to smash your hopes, but this is just your dream." He gave her a thin smile.

She stared at him for a moment before answering. "Ah, right! I got into an accident again. What a life I have?" She released a soft giggle. "Can't I just stay here and rest for a while? I'm tired fighting for my position in everyone's life."

"So, you know what happened to you?" She nodded. "Lea, please don't waste your life. If I could exchange anything just to get my life back, I will. But I can't. So, I am asking you to please fight for your life." He touched Lea's cheeks and caressed. Nag-iwas naman ng tingin si Lea sa kanya.

"I really don't have the will to fight anymore. Aga cheated on me."

"I know. That bastard! Pero hindi lang naman si Aga ang pwede mong gawing inspirasyon at lakas para mabuhay. Your friends and family are always there. You have me here and there's one more to come. Hindi nila kakayanin, lalo na si Vice, kapag nawala ka."

"Huh? One more to come? And you're watching me from here?" She asked with raised eyebrows, waiting for him to respond.

He nodded. "Oh, come on! Hindi ako naninilip kapag naliligo ka! You're feeling ha?" Lea laughed at what he said. It was a laugh na tanging si Marcus lamang ang nakakapagpalabas sa kanya.

"I didn't say anything! Feeling guilty?" Unti-unti nang nawala ang tawa niya. She decided to start another topic dahil sobrang na-miss niyang kausap ito. "So, how are you?"

"I should be the one asking you that. Lea, how are you?"

"Not good, feeling betrayed and lied to. Pain is an understatement but I'll get used to it. Don't worry!" She smiled at him again then stared in front of her.

"If only I could be there for you." He took a deep sighed.

"But you're here now." Lea rubbed his back.

He stood up, worry and disappointment was etched on his face. Napasabunot din siya sa buhok niya. "What am I even doing right now? Come and stand up! You can't stay here for that long, Lea. Come on!" Iniabot niya ang kamay niya para makatayo si Lea at kinuha naman ito ni Lea, takang-taka sa mga ginagawa niya.