The tweedlebombs

As Pump was walking deeper into the forest he hears footsteps coming further and further and turned just in time to see Skid already far from him.

"Oh my ears and whiskers look how late it's getting!" Skid said as he took out his watch and ran faster and deeper into the forest. Skid! Wait!" Pump, wasting no time, quickly ran after him in a flash.

Skid led Pump deeper into the woods, always keeping well ahead of him, but Pump would never give up. He was determined to find skid and ask him what is going on. he'd just about caught up to him when the skeleton rabbit ducked through a row of bushes. Pump leaped after him, only to be slammed backwards by something. After the trees stopped spinning the pumpkin child sat up and adjusted his punpkin mask, and his eyes gazed up at what he'd run into.

Standing in front of him were two of his friends from home, Whitty and Carol. and at first Pump could've sworn they looked familiar. The resemblance was uncanny, but Whitty and Carol were very strangely dressed. Whitty wore a red-striped shirt and with yellow and red shorts yellow shorts socks that came up to his knees, and old school shoes instead of his turquoise hoodie, brown trousers and orange sneakers. Carol on the other was identical, except she had a yellow dress, with red leggings and no shoes. Both of them alsowore matching beanies with little black flags on top bearing a little, red circle symbol, which pump recognized as the Whitty since he is a bomb.

"Uhh...why are Whitty and Carol dressed like that in the middle of a forest?" he asked himself, making a face. He was curious to see why they looked like, when he was startled by a voice from Whitty.

"What? You think we're STATUES!?" he asked indignantly.

"And he called us weird looking! I've never been so insulted!" Carol also piped in.

Pump's eyes widened, and he took a step back as Whitty bent down and stared him in the face.

"Hmm, he looks like a lost child," carol  finally spoke.

"Yeah, the little ones always are," said Whitty. His friend shot him an odd glance. "Um...wait. That was pretty dumb, wasn't it?"

Whitty nodded. "Yes."

"Well, lost or not..." Whitty turned back to Pump, trying to change the subject. "If you think we're statues you ought to pay for the privilege of looking."

"I-I didn't know you were alive, Whitty." Pump stammered. "You were standing so-..."

"Well if you wanted to know if we were alive you should have asked!" he interrupted.

"And he didn't even apologize for running into us," added the Carol. "Don't you have any manners?"

"I- uh..."

"Apparently he doesn't," whispered Whitty to carol. "Look at this! He got my socks fucked!" he yelled, looking hard at Pump.

"S-sorry," he managed to stutter.

"Sorry? Do you KNOW how much this will cost to buy new socks?!"

Pump fidgeted uncomfortably. "I-..."

"Don't worry, you've got money, remember?" interrupted carol.

Whitty lowered an eyelid thoughtfully, "Oh yeah. Well then, never mind!" He smiled at Pump who just looked up at the pair distrustfully.

"So Whitty? Carol? Where are we?" he asked finally.
"Whitty"
"Carol?"
"We have no idea who "Whitty and Carol" are! Allow us to introduce ourselves!" The Whitty imposter said as he nudged the carol imposter then he cleared his throat. "I am TweedleBomb!" he said.

"And I'm TweedleBoom!" said the carol imposter, and they both finished with a bow. (Carol finished with a curtsy)

Pump narrowed his eyes. "Uh-...huh." These two were obviously psychos. "Well it's been nice meeting you and all," he lied, backing away, "but I've got a skeleton to snare." He started to leave but was yanked back forcibly by his suit.