Chapter 3: The Incident and Explanation

Wakaba's Pov

Today was very interesting, to think this unknown god would become a transfer student in my class and sit right next to me, this is by far the most exciting thing I have experienced in a very long time. On top of that when he saw that I was bullied he even gave Shinohara a death gaze, how strange, he definitely knows that I could wipe her from existence. On top of that he even invited me to his house tomorrow for dinner, he spoke about his "mother", but I don't know if that woman I saw with him was an illusion or some kind of clone to make his life more normal, but I know for a fact that she was not his mother. These emotions I'm feeling are some of the first I've felt in a while, genuine excitement, intrigue, even the uneasiness at his true power. It seems my wishes for excitement were answered, I have to make sure nothing happens at this dinner tomorrow, at a time like this I cannot afford to slip up and use my power which would lead to me getting caught.

While thinking about this me and the LFG team I am playing with on the RPG game I play finish killing the boss we were fighting and the victory music plays snapping me out of thought. As I queue for another raid I can't help but have a maniacal grin on my face thinking about what tomorrow will bring.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning

Rimuru's Pov

(Today should be fun, I am planning on making a really delicious mean tonight, but I can't decide what I should make, hmmm Ciel any ideas?)

<Why not make tempura, you always used to make that to impress important people as a King.>

(Brilliant idea as always Ciel, you really are the best.)

<You haven't praised me in while, please praise me more master.>

(Ehhh, I praise you all the time what do you mean? You are the best after all.)

<hehehe I got you to praise me again.>

(Ciel you can be a demon you know that? Well, you deserve the praise anyway but let's get going the first step to success is getting there on time right?)

After my little talk with Ciel I brag my backpack and walk out the door, and see my neighbor, classmate, and fellow god walking past the front of my house. I quickly speed walk to catch up hoping I don't look like a desperate looser. I was about to say hello when I saw her look at me with the same expressionless face as yesterday. I decided since she wont answer me there is no point is saying hello, so we started our walk to school this time without a single word said.

-------

Our entire walk to school was completely silent, surprisingly I enjoyed the quiet, just listening to the sounds of cars and people walking felt oddly peaceful, this is what I strived for and achieved in Tempest. A place where people could live happy peaceful lives without fear are prejudice.

When we got to class it was still relatively early, still more than 10 minutes before homeroom started, some kids were talking, some were on their phones, Wakaba opened up a book and started reading it, I decided to open my notebook and start drawing a picture. The imagine I tried to draw was the beach Ciel and I were on before we decided to come to this universe for an adventure.

I looked up from my sketch when I finished the outline, the rest of the class was already seated and a few seconds later the bell rang with Ms. Oka walking in. After class started I zoned out, not only do I know all the information already, but I also could care less about my grades, it's not like I plan on being a high schooler for a long time, as long as a pass the classes it doesn't matter to me. While I was zoning out some of the students were getting exposed and yelled at by our teacher for using their phones during class and not paying attention. While I was sitting there I felt a small distortion of space directly in the middle of the classroom. Oh, is it about to get interesting? Soon a full-blown crack in space was in the air above the class, when I looked to the side I saw Wakaba glance at it then sign, I'm guessing she knows why this is happening, I'm sure ill find out in the future so no point asking or trying to figure it out right now.