Chapter 7: Making Moves? and Cooking

A few Days later

Rimuru's Pov

For the past few days D and I have been coming up with ideas for where we should go in the other world. So far we have decided that the first place we go will be a place called Keren County in the country of Sariella. According to D and Ciel there will definitely be a war there in a few years between two of the religions in the world. Since the reincarnations will still be babies we need something interesting to do while we wait for them to grow up and start effecting the world. When D sent all of the souls into the system she gave them all skills that are unique to them in that world, not the same as a unique skill power wise, but still something. All the reincarnations also have a massive number of something called skill points which allow them to buy skills from a game like menu, that sounds pretty cool, I could think of a few times that could have been useful to me in the past but whatever.

Since inhabiting the pseudo soul D seems really different, or maybe in some way the exact same. To clarify, before she couldn't use magic to stop from being detected, but now that she doesn't have to hold back when using that body, she uses the teleport part of transporter ALL THE TIME. Even for something like standing up from her chair, she teleports herself upright instead of just standing up, that is beyond strange but it makes some sense. When she was pretending to be Wakaba Hiiro her body was so weak so I guess she is just that lazy and the reason she never exercised to get her body stronger was as simple as being that lazy. Her personality is also steadily changing, the girl who wouldn't respond to my questions or keep a conversation for more then a sentence is gone as if she never existed. Even the wide eyed and somewhat scared fangirl is a far cry from her current self. Every day she comes up to me , usually by teleporting behind me, and starts talking to me about whatever. Thankfully, she doesn't seem to view me as a god, well she views me as a god but not in a sense that I am superior to her in our relationship. I am very happy about this; in the past I can count the number of people who treated me as an equal on one hand.

Right now, I just made some pancakes for us for breakfast, it seems she really likes my cooking, even though we don't spend all day together and often play video games for hours each day because there isn't a very immediate need to get going, after all nothing is happening right now. But I know that she really likes my cooking because every mealtime like clockwork she teleports into one of the chairs in my dinning room. Since she is in this body she can eat much more now, so I have started make quite a bit of food, not that I mind, but it gave me a great idea.

(Hey, Ciel you said you were the only person who is better than me at cooking right? How about this, we will have D here decide. You will make lunch today and I will make dinner, than afterwards ill ask her which one she though was better.)

<Master I agree, this is the best way for me to prove my superiority to you when it comes to cooking, I recommend you pretend you cooked both meals to avoid a bias in the result though.>

(Obviously Ciel, I'm not going to reveal you for a while anyways.)

Yes, I got you Ciel I have the advantage now, since I will ask her after dinner, which I am cooking she will definitely say that the meal that is fresher in her memory and she could still taste in her mouth is better than the memory of one from hours before! That aside I want to ask D some questions.

"Do you mind if I ask you some questions about other gods here? I just want to know your opinions on them."

She looked up from her plate as she was finishing it, swallowed, and responded.

"Sure, I don't mind, ask away."

"From what I understand there are three factions of gods here, angels, dragons, and demons. When I was killing those dragon gods you seemed to get happy about it, does that mean you are siding with one of the other factions?"