𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬❄️

Mostly fluff, if you can call it fluff, but I think it is, and kinda feels like it?

Anyway, enjoy!

Upon entering the house within the small town along the shore, the sisters made quick haste to their injured fellows. They were where they left them, appearing as frozen as the lakeside, but still breathing.

"Here." Ellie gave the second syringe and bottle of penicillin to Maeve as she made her way for a deathly-looking Joel.

Both were beyond pale. Scrambling for TJ, Maeve lowered herself next to the pallet he laid on. He was piled with throw blankets and a bundled sheet set under his head. Unlike Joel, TJ stirred hearing the noise of the horses and garage door. Small puffs of white left his mouth as he tried to adjust against the pallet.

"TJ," she was soft-spoken while she prepared the syringe and medicine. "If you can hear me, I'm going to give you some medicine. Never mind where it came from, but it's going to help you. Hopefully, you'll feel tons better later."

Maeve held the syringe in front of her face with the vile of medicine. The clear liquid filled the barrel. She bit her lip, setting aside the vile of medicine to use her now-free hand to pull down the blankets. Where would she even stick him? She peered over her shoulder just in time to see Ellie poking Joel near his wound. Her teeth pinched her lip harder.

Screw it.

"TJ," she moved around, closer to TJ's head. "I'm going to give you this medicine now. Just a poke, it won't hurt."

She set the syringe beside her, gently taking the collar of the blond's coat and shirt, exposing his reddened skin from the stitching. She reached for the syringe again and was ready to jab the needle an inch to the right of the wound when she found herself startled by strikingly blue eyes staring up at her.

"Shit, you scared the fuck outta me," she laughed internally. "How are you doing?"

His eyes squinted through his pain, focusing on the syringe in her left hand. "What is that?"

"Penicillin."

His paled face screwed up, confused. "Where'd you get it?"

"Never mind where I got it," she shook her head. "It's going to help you. Just hold still, this will be quick."

He tensed up the second she poked him, but she was quick to inject the medicine into him and discard the syringe. A ragged breath left him, and he relaxed again.

"There," she smiled softly. "Wasn't so bad, see?"

"I...really hate sh-shots..." His voice quivered from the cold.

"Ditto."

After a moment, Maeve was ready to lay next to him when she realized he was still looking at her. "What's wrong?"

He shook his head and coughed a bit, wincing after. "You were gone for a while."

"Yeah." Her lips thinned, recalling the events that occurred earlier. A sense of rush and a little bit of old fear entered her bloodstream. And then anger flared up. She still couldn't believe they fell for their little act. They knew her name, well, kind of. She bet they were just roaming around the woods to find innocent people to harass or kill. A small, scared voice in the back of her head wanted her to hide away. Whoever they were, her gut wanted nothing to do with them. From the beginning, she knew they were bad, bad news, even with their non-threatening smiles and help. David gave her the jeeives, but that Adam...she didn't know what it was that rubbed her the wrong way. He was cute, sure, but she didn't base her judgment on appearances. It was all about the vibe someone has and first impressions.