Chapter 26

September, 2017

Everything went to shit.

And by shit, I mean, all the way to shit. There was no other way to describe it.

But seriously, everything I ever thought I had, just went to shit.

Everything I had built, everything I had dreamed of, everything I had achieved... everything went to shit.

I believed that Michael was already a forgotten subject, I believed that it was already history, one more obstacle that was overcome. It wasn't until I got that call from Mutt.

And I realized that... I couldn't fight fate. I guess what had to happen, happened...

"I mean... I can't believe it, out of all the people he could have reached out to, he reached out to us, babe! Now I understand what Jesus' disciples felt, we are the chosen ones."

My cellphone was on the floor, and I was listening to everything from its speaker.

"Guys... stay away from him." I was able to formulate.

"Hell no, to his father we owe everything we have now." Mutt countered.

I was wondering the same thing, of all the people, why did he contact them? There were much more sinister people out there who went out of their way for his father, but he chose the guys who Googled a ritual to sell their souls two years ago. Although probably, they told Michael they had done the whole black mass thing.

I didn't know whether to tell them what had happened with the Coven, with Misty, I preferred not to tell them precisely to prevent all this from happening. Well, what difference does it make? If I chose to, they would probably idolize him even more.

"You don't owe his father anything, you gave him your souls, in return he gave you everything you have. You are even." I kept telling them to get out of this, a part of me wanted to believe they were going to listen to me. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't, but I could at least say I tried.

"Why do you care so much? I mean, it was about time for an Antichrist to come along, this world is in the shit and I think we would do it a favor by eliminating humanity."

The worst of all was that he was right, yes, this humanity had irreversibly damaged this planet, it has damaged all its creatures, all its resources... but shit, at some point we will become extinct due to global warming and pollution, the nature will be restored and run its course.

"Humanity will extinguish itself in due course, when there are no more resources for us to consume and when global warming becomes more damaging than we can bear."

"And why wait for that to happen? We can start from scratch! Look, we have enough money to build shelters, obviously we will save a place for you, Miss Venable and your best friend. We will not let you guys die."

This was one of the few situations in which no matter how much I evaluated the situation, I didn't know what to do. I didn't support this, I never would.

I decided to leave it unfinished, and immediately call Cordelia, she would know what to do.

"Just... let me process it, Mutt, this is too much." I replied.

"Sure babe, don't worry anyway, Michael is like a preschooler, it will take time to convince him." And without further ado he hung up.