Chapter 30

Wilhemina finished her plate before I could realize it, her little sighs of pleasure when tasting real food after so long made me feel a lot of internal satisfaction, because having helped someone I loved was priceless. I loved to see her happy, she deserved all the happiness in this world.

"Mmm, this tasted so good! I finally finished my meal without feeling that emptiness in my stomach any longer!" She exclaimed after the third course.

Those three courses probably would have served me well for the next five days, but I didn't mind at all. My Wilhemina had food in her stomach and that made up for it.

I wanted to ask her about the people at the Outpost, specifically Coco and Mallory, who were our last hope. She didn't know them, we decided not to mention them to her because they were under an identity spell and no one had to know they were witches, or it would be risky. I just hoped that Wilhemina hadn't treated them so badly, because with the identity spell, we didn't know how unbearable Coco could be. I trusted her, and hoped she was seriously taking good care of them.

"I'm glad, baby, as long as Misty feels comfortable with picking you up, you could come visit us whenever you want." I took her hand, but she took a deep breath and tightened her hand, which made me scowl.

"What is it?" I inquired.

"Nothing, sorry, I felt like I wanted to sneeze but it was just allergy." She answered me, I knew she was lying, and she knew that I knew it. "Anyway, what have you done these last few months?"

"Missing you, watching movies and series, reading and rereading books, practicing witchcraft, meditating, also Misty and I have learned a hundred songs on guitar, you know that in the midst of boredom, anything is fun."

Wilhemina smirked.

"Yes, there is a library in the Outpost, and the Miriam Mead robot was surprisingly programmed to be loyal to me, so it's good company."

Miriam's robot... what? Nothing good could come from this. Well, anyway, in eleven months, it would all be over, and meanwhile, Wilhemina was indispensable in that disgusting place.

"Okay, this has gotten unbearable and I have a headache that I can't stand." I heard Misty complain, coming to the dining room.

That was all? A headache?

"Is that why you've been weird, Misty? We have medicine in the cupboard, could I make you some tea or...—"

"No! I wanted to tell you later, but I can't take it anymore, the evil is felt in the atmosphere and I'm fucking sick of it." She replied.

I turned to see Wilhemina, but far from having a puzzled expression like the one I did, she was completely pale and her face held panic.

"W-what are you talking about?" I began to realize what it was about.

"I saw her and did not recognize her, I felt a wave of evil invading me and almost drowned me. I no longer know Wilhemina, she is evil, pure and genuine evil." Misty explained to me, and as soon as she said those words while expressing herself with that tone, I felt pangs throughout my body. "Come on, tell her what I found you doing as soon as I was escorted into the Outpost." Misty urged Wilhemina.

"No! Listen, a gray was disrespectful and I had to punish him. I didn't want to...—"

"And that's why you were laughing like a maniac every time he screamed in pain, right?"

So that was it... Wilhemina was evil, and more than that, she had become what I was so afraid of her becoming. In a ruthless scoundrel soul. I was too disappointed.