Chapter 11

Ashton nervously paced in front of the door. It was 5:53, and Luke would arrive at six. He had tried numerous times to get his mom and siblings to not go, but they insisted, and Ashton resorted to trying to firgure out how to cover for his families messes.

"Cutie Pie, stop walking back and forth. You're going to wear holes in my Pesan rug." Mrs. Irwin scolded as she helped Harry with his bow tie.

Ashton sighed. "Okay first of all, it's Persian, not Pesan."

She waved her hand at him. "Potato, tomato, same thing."

"And secondly, this is a towel from the bathroom. Not a rug." Ashton explained.

"What you call a towel, I call a Pesan rug." She glared at him. "It's a sad world you live in."

Ashton gave up.

Lauren came down the stairs, looking beautiful in a black and red gown. She poised at the top of the stairs, and raised her arms above her head. Black fabric sewn to her arms made her have wings. "I am ready to command Hell in this dress."

Mrs. Irwin nodded in approval. "Savage, yet fancy. I like it."

Ashton and Harry were wearing tuxes, and Mrs. Irwin had on a silver dress that sparkled. ("Like Ashton's eyes when he imagines his boyfriend naked.")

A knock came at the door and Ashton answered it, since he was closest. "Hey Luke."

"Good evening." Luke smiled at him, before murmuring in Ashton's ear, "Princess, where's your dress?"

"Buried underneath your ego." Ashton snapped, closing the door as Luke stepped in.

"Lucifer! How lovely you look!" Mrs. Irwin said in delight. "My son has good taste. Good job Ashifer, praise to me."

"No! Praise me! I'm the Hell goddess!" Lauren jumped off the stairs. She spun in front of Luke. "Admire me while I wear your soul as jewelry."

Ashton buried his face in his hands. This night was going to be a disaster.

-

A few minutes later, after losing Harry and finding him sitting in the fireplace (trying to make an Ashton voodoo doll from ash), they all sat in Luke's limo.

The driver opened the door for all of them, and Ashton couldn't help but be amazed at the interior of the vehicle.

Sometimes he really wished he was rich, because limos dammit! This limo specifically.

Luke sat next to Mrs. Irwin, who promptly shoved him across the seats to Ashton. "Oh hun don't even with me."

Ashton grumbled as Luke wrapped his arms around him. "Literally, how did my life even come to this?"

They arrived at Luke's mansion and Lauren ran straight to the doors. Harry slowly followed, inspecting the yard the way there, and Luke held the door open for Ashton. He offered the smaller boy his hand.

Ashton ignored him and walked to the door. "Lauren, please be on your best behavior, and Harry, don't be creepy for one night, okay? And mom- wait, mom?"

"I'm here sweetie!" She called back. She emerged from the limo, holding a wine bottle. "Finders keepers."

She slapped Luke's still out stretched hand. "High five."

Luke sighed and shut the limo door, before escorting them all inside.

Luke's parents were waiting in the living room. The fire place crackled and soft music drifted from the TV.

"Mom, D- er, Mother, Father, I'm home and the guests have arrived." Luke called out.

A man and a woman entered the room.