feelings

desc: y/n's best friend jj likes her. 

jj's pov:

on my way over to y/n's house i can't help but think of what would happen if i confessed my feelings. shes my best friend, for crying out loud! why do i feel like this! its 1 in the morning and me and my dad had just gotten into a verbal argument turned physical. its not as bad this time, all i have is a cut on my cheek. still, i always find myself going to her house after every stressful moment involving my dad because she always makes everything better no matter the severity of the situation. 

as i reach her house, i hop the old chain link fence into her backyard. i climb up on top of the stone garden wall and jump up onto the roof that is under her window. i peek in to her room and see her sitting on her bed watching the office. typical. i still remember the first day we started watching that show together in 5th grade. since then, its been our favorite thing to watch together. we even went as jim and pam one year for halloween. 

i know its stupid but im much to shy to tell her how i really feel.

i gently tap on her window and i see her eyes dart up to where I'm sitting. she smiles softly and waves as i see her reach to pause her show. she gets up and slides the window open. "what's up love?" she asks. god, i love when she calls me that. "um, me and my dad got in another fight. can i stay the night here again?" her expression softens as she lets me into her room. 

"j, this is the third time you've stayed the night here this week and its only thursday" she looks up at me into my eyes. "i know and I'm really sorry-" i start to say, but then she cuts me off. "no don't say sorry its okay, i just- you know i don't like to see you like this. have you tried staying at jb's for a little?" "no, he's always so busy with the gold and his dad and-" 

my voice starts to crack and i just stop talking before i make a fool out of myself. "hey, hey" she says. she puts her cold hands on either side of my tear-stained face and looks at me closely. "you can always stay here jj. I'm not going anywhere i promise" she says. at that point i completely just lose it and start crying. she pulls me into a tight hug as i cry into her hair. she smells so good, like vanilla.

she walks us over to her bed as she lays down and i lay on her chest. this is normal for us, we've known each other since 3rd grade so i bet she doesn't think anything of it. she plays with my hair for a little bit and she whispers little things into my ears that give me the chills down my spine. things along the lines of, "jj this doesn't define you, you are so strong, i love you so much, its all gonna be okay" damn, this girl has a hold on my heart like you cannot even imagine.

she kisses the top of my head before she gets up to turn off her lights she takes off her shirt leaving her in a sports bra and shorts. i take my shirt off and we lay back in bed together. i look up at her beautiful face, i can't help it. the moonlight perfectly frames her features and makes her skin glow. she looks down at me and pushes a strand of hair behind my ear that i didn't even notice. she just smiles at me and i put my head back on her chest.

she keeps whispering things into my ears because she knows it helps me relax and sleep. she traces shapes into my back and i fall fast asleep. in my dream, me and y/n are a couple. we are married with 2 kids and a big dog in a house with a wrap around porch. oh everything is so perfect. why can't it stay like this forever