the power outage

desc: hurricane agatha caused a power outage

"is that everything?" called john b. 

"pretty sure, unless we need sandbags for the doors?" i ask. 

we are doing hurricane prep for an oncoming hurricane. being originally from the outer banks, I've lived through my fair share of hurricanes, enough to know that without sandbags, we would be swimming instead of sleeping tonight. 

"pope is bringing them" john b yells over the roaring wind. 

we probably have a few hours before the hurricane hits, so i go to find my boyfriend, jj. remembering his dad, luke, is out of town, he's probably prepping his own house for the hurricane. i leave a note on my fridge telling john b where ill be if he needs me, and hop on my bike. i bike over to jj's house and make sure to bring my bike inside, otherwise it will probably be in a tree by tomorrow. 

"jj?" i call out into the house. 

suddenly, my blonde boyfriend emerges from his bedroom, clearly finished with prepping his house. 

"hey, baby" he says, walking over to me and planting a kiss on my lips. 

"you taste like sweat" i say, licking my lips. 

"yeah, well i still need to shower" he says, putting his phone down on the kitchen counter. 

"you know if you want to-" he starts to say, but i cut him off. 

"we are not showering together if you are covered in dirt and smell like sweat, go take a real shower and ill fold your laundry" i say, pushing him into the bathroom. 

"and wash your hair!" i say, before closing him into the bathroom. 

i hear the shower turn on and i walk over to the sofa that has a basket of clean clothes sitting on it. i start the folding process and sort out all of jj's clothes before he gets out of the shower. once im done, i make myself some chai tea in his kitchen. as the water is boiling, i hear the shower turn off and the bathroom door open. out walks jj, wearing nothing but a towel around his waist followed by a cloud of steam. 

"how was your shower, handsome?" i ask. 

"pretty lonely, not gonna lie" he says, grabbing an apple and taking a few bites. 

"want some tea?" i ask, pouring the boiling water into a mug with a teabag inside. 

"nah, ill just sneak a sip of yours" he says, walking into his room to get changed. after a few seconds, he walks out wearing light grey sweatpants and a white tank top that shows his muscular arms. 

"been working out?" i ask, as he walks over to me and puts his arms around my waist. 

"a little" he admits, leaning down so our faces are inches away. 

"so what's the plan for tonight?" he asks, stepping away and going back into the kitchen to finish his apple. 

"oh i don't know, i was thinking we just chill here." i say, taking a sip of my tea. 

"sounds like a plan" he says, getting out candles and flashlights. 

"what are those for?" i ask. 

"well, seeing as a hurricane is coming in, we can expect the power to be out for a few weeks here until they fix it" he says. i nod and flop down on the couch. 

jj walks over and sits down in an armchair a few feet away. 

"we should watch a scary movie" he says.