Shot 21

"Wah. Kushi di. It's heavenly as always" Krishna said tasting the new batch of jalebis made by Kushi.

Within a year and a half, Kushi had become a celebrity chef. People all over comes over to her restaurant for a taste of her special Lucknowi meal and even more special Lucknowi sweets.

Kushi Kumari Gupta is now the owner of two well known restaurants in Delhi.

She had started with a small dhaba style food spot which quickly gained popularity because of the amazing food and sweets.

The journey was not easy, but she did it with hardworking and determination.

She could have opened more branches of restaurants in different parts of India, but Kushi was not interested in it. Cooking is her passion. She had opened the restaurants because she loved cooking. So what's the point of opening multiple restaurants if she couldn't go around and cook everywhere.

She is happy with what she has now. Her sister helps her in managing the restaurants. And their father is getting better with extensive physiotherapies. Life is going smooth.

Arnavji has been a silent support all along. He never demanded anything from her. He was content with sending her messages and letting her know about his day to day life. He drops by the restaurant once in a while, making an excuse of buying Lucknowi sweets for his Nani, just to get a glimpse of her.

"Now don't finish the entire thing off. Go see if the preparations for breakfast is done" Kushi shooed away Krishna.

Payal came inside looking for Kushi.

"Kushi. There's someone here to meet you" Payal said.

Kushi walked into her small office space to see an old man waiting for her.

"Ms Gupta, very glad to meet you. I'm Jagdish Sinha." The man introduced himself

"Ji Namaste. How can I help you?" Kushi asked as she took a seat opposite to the old man.

"I'm a senior representative of 'Feed India' charity group. Our charity group aims at providing regular meals for the people struggling with hunger." Jagdish Sinha said

"Oh. That's a wonderful thing to do. If I can be of any help, please let me know" Kushi said

"I'm here to talk about that Ms Gupta"

"Please call me Kushi." She said and the old man smiled

"We are organising a fund raising for our group. As the main cause we address through our charity group is hunger, we thought of doing something related to food as the fund raiser program"

"What's the plan?"

"I would like to request you to cook for around ten celebrities all over India. You are one of the leading chefs now. So I have full faith that we could attract many people in this. If you are willing to do this, we could proceed with this"

"Oh definitely. I would love to be a part of this. Please let me know the details, as in the date and venue. Also, I would like to know about those celebrities a week before. A detailed report on them. Like allergies, their preferences and all."

"Thank you so much Kushi. I will let the higher officials know about your acceptance and get back to you soon"

****

"I don't have a momma" seven year old Chaahat said sadly

"I don't have a papa" four year old Naira said as they both sat next to each other below the huge banyan tree in the temple compound.