Chapter 20: Notes

~Nightmare's PoV~

I woke up with a sudden jolt as I tried to catch my breath. I looked around and noticed I was in my room that was dark with barely any light. The only light source in the room was my lamp, to which I must have left on.

I put a hand onto my chest and took deep breaths to calm me down. It seemed to work enough I could focus more clearly on my surroundings.

I looked over to my nightstand to see something new there. A note.

I picked it up and read it.

'Dear Brother,

While on a stroll I found you and Ink at the tree of Feelings. I had noticed you were in your passive form and I was happy that I could see you like your old self again. I had teleported Ink to his room in the Star Sans' base and hade teleported you to your base. I am very sorry if I made you panic, waking up in a different scene than you fell asleep at. Hope you had a good sleep!

                                      Sincerely,
                                               Dream'

Well at least now I know why I couldn't use my tentacles in the nightmare.

I climb out of bed and walk over to my dresser pick out some of my regular cloths and head to the bathroom.

~✓Tem Skip✓~

I walk out of the bathroom with my fresh pair of cloths and head to my bedroom door and walk out. I head downstairs to see Error and Dust on the couch, Killer on the floor playing with a kitten, Red and Blackberry arguing for who knows what reason, and Horror cooking some kind of meat, probably human meat or whatever.

I walk into the room and Red and Blackberry stop arguing and everyone except Horror look at me. Killer gets up and walks to me and hands me a piece of paper. Guess everyone wants to give me a note.

"Cross wrote this note saying he'll be with Reaper and Ink."

And with that he just sits back down and continues to play with the kitten.

I walk into kitchen where Horror was and sat down at the table. I put my head in my hand and thought about my life choices.
As I was in the middle of thinking of how my life could be different there was a plate placed infront of me.

I look up from the table and see that Horror, Red, Blackberry, Dust, Killer and even Error was at the table, each had a plate infront of them.

I couple of them, looking at you murder time trio, dig into their food first as Blackberry and Error ate like civil monsters and Red just looked at his food. He had a eating disorder to often we would have to cox him into eating. We blame his brother and his Gaster but he says that Underfell is just a very hateful place and his brother is just trying to help him in his own way. I don't agree but sadly Ink would just have to recreate him if I killed him so it would do no good either way. And if he stayed in the castle then his AU would either fall apart without one of the main characters there or it wouldn't be able to progress, he said he didn't want to take that chance.

I pick up my fork and dig into the eggs. Now that I'm paying attention to it, the plate was filled with glissening eggs, beautiful bacon, sausages and a piece of toast.

I nod my head to Horror as a 'thank you' and he nods back. I ate my food in silence, though I did enjoy it. I looked up as I was about to finish my food to see Red ate some of his food. He might be starting to get better, but I'm not a doctor do I can't tell.

I heard a knock on the door so I went to go answer it and to my surprise it was Ink.

"Listen Nightmare, I don't have a lot of time to explain but I'm not the original Ink you know and love. I have Hanahaki disease and I'm going to need to go back to my own universe in case I do die. All I want you to know is that Ink loves you too, he's still missing, and I've left hints around the Star Sans' base. Go get your fat ass over there before he does too, got it?"

Before I could respond he opened a portal and stepped through. I prossesed it for a couple seconds and opened a portal to the Star Shit's base and started to search. Dream gave me an odd look but I just ignored it.

"Brother? What are you doing here?"

"Shut up and help me search!"

"What are you looking for?"

"Clues at to where Ink is!"

"Ink? He's in his room."

"He's not Ink, he's a different version of him. I need to find MY Ink!"

As soon as he heard that he jumped up and helped me search. I searched Ink's room, his bathroom, and the kitchen while Dream searched his room, his bathroom, Blue's room and Blue's bathroom.

I started in the kitchen and Dream started in Blue's room when suddenly I heard a noise come from Dream, calling me up the stairs, saying he found something.

I came up the stairs as quickly as possible to see him holding yet another note.

"I found this note under his bed. I read it and it said that this was the first clue and that the name starts with C."

I took the note and sure as hell it said that the name's first letter. I walked out in search of more clues.