Chapter 19 - The Tournaments

======================================================

(Updated: 7/9/2021 - Fixed mistakes in STATS)

A/N: I don't cover every move of the Shogi match, that would be boring as hell. I only cover the short opening of the game move for move. Yes I learned the basics of Shogi just for this chapter, no I don't think I got any of it correct. I'm on a family vacation, and there are a couple of minor things about this chapter I plan to change, but can't rn.

<Shogi Piece> behaves like <Chess Piece>

Fu --------------------------- Pawn

Kuku ----------------------- Bishop

Keima ---------------------- Knight

Hisha ----------------------- Rook

Gyoku ---------------------- King

Gin -------------------------- No direct conversion (Kind of like a Bishop)

Kin -------------------------- No direct conversion (Kind of like a Queen)

======================================================

[Text] - The Game.

"Text" - Dialogue.

Text - Thinking.

"Text" - SIS talking telepathically to Ichika.

Text or Text - Sounds/Emphasis

======================================================

The Tournaments

======================================================

"I didn't expect you to actually come." Tabane noted as she stood in the stands.

It was somewhat amusing at how well someone could blend into the populace so long as they always dressed absurdly. This was the first day in almost a decade that she had dressed in civilian clothes, instead of her preferred dress of cosplay which the humans seemed to think were odd, not that she cared. Simple clothes, throw on a wig, keep a serious face, and boom, she was most certainly not Tabane Shinonono. Though anyone could see that she was still drawing attention, she had her voluptuous figure to thank for that. Honestly, this was supposed to be Ichika's moment, the least the humans could do was pay attention to him instead of her chest.

"Hell is that supposed to mean?" Chifuyu said through gritted teeth.

The Brunhilde had to be more careful. Though Chifuyu had always dressed in normal attire wherever she had gone, this was likely the first time since they were in school together that she had seen the woman in anything less than business formal attire. Even though she had to admit, it was hard to imagine that under the ponytail, standard jeans, and black button-up shirt, (all of which made her look considerably younger) was the strongest woman in the world. Chifuyu was lucky, silk black hair blended in perfectly anywhere in Japan, a stark contrast to her lavender hair.

This wig was so annoying. Should she have genetically altered her natural hair color? No, too much work. Besides, genetics was never her strongest suit.

"You know what it means, Chi-chan."

"This is foolish. We are drawing attention. Why could we have not watched from your lab?"

"You said you wanted to have a real relationship with Ikkun? This is it. You cannot simply watch the match through my personal satellite. It is the meaning behind being here in person that holds importance, not the act itself. Plus, we are only drawing attention because of our curves. They do not see The Brunhilde or The Inventor because this is not the place they expect to see them. Let the lesser gawk at something they could never hope to possess." She replied uncharacteristically coldly.