Chapter 1 ~ Arrangement

Edited

Mentions ~ Drugs, 

Scarlette Martinez

Scarlette Martinez

Karla and I walked behind our guards. Today we are out shopping for new clothes, and more room decorations. New York weather is beautiful even though it can get hot. We made the guards carry our bags.

" Karla, are you ready to head back?"

" It's past my nap time anyway," We headed back to the car and the guards put our bags in the back. The ride back to the house isn't far. The streets were flooded with cars and people. We pulled into the driveway. Some cars that I am not familiar with are parked here.

The guards carried our bags into the house. There was talking coming from down the hall where my father's office is. Karla and I took our bags to our bedrooms. I didn't even get to sit down first. My mother walked into my room.

" Honey, come down to your father's office, it's important," I followed her downstairs and into my father's office. There were three other men in his office. Two standing on the sides, they don't look familiar to me. One was sitting down in front of my father's desk. I can't tell who it is first.

" Scarlette, please have a seat next to this young man," I walked over and sat in front of my father's desk. My mother stood on the side of my father. I looked at the side of the man's face next to me. He looks familiar. 

" Scarlette, you know this young man, Malakai Gambino. The Italian mafia boss. There was an arrangement made. The arrangement that was made is that Malakai asked for an alliance and that alliance includes you. There is an arranged marriage being made. Malakai wants to take your hand in marriage so the alliance can be made official."

Malakai and I getting married. I haven't seen him in nine years. He ghosted me. I once loved him. He looked at me with his dark eyes. I am not marrying this man.

" Well, I don't want to get married, and that is not up to negotiation."

" Scarlette, you are getting married no matter what," I walked out of the office. I don't want to hear this nonsense anymore. It is what it is I guess.

I went to my room and put up the clothes that I bought. Malakai shouldn't be here, he should have stayed in Italy. 

" Girl, what happened?" I turned around and looked at Karla.

" I didn't hear you come in."

" I snuck in of course. Now tell me the details. Whose cars are outside?"

" Italian mafia, it's Malakai. There has been an arranged marriage, between Malakai and I."

" Oh, I thought it was somebody exciting. I know the past with you and Malakai. I am going to give you a little advice. Just go with the plan and don't fuck up. No matter how much you hate him for it. I know you still love him a little bit and he may not feel anything towards you. When he becomes his wife just be yourself and don't let any man bring you down. You are a powerful and independent woman. You don't need a man by your side," Karla held my hand and rubbed her thumb on the back of my hand.