Chapter 29 ~ Found Something

Edited 

Mentions ~

Malakai Gambino

Malakai Gambino

I woke up right next to Scarlette. She was sound asleep with her head buried into my chest and her hair was all in her face. I slowly removed her from me got up and headed to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth, then I walked into my closet to get ready for the day. 

I wasn't feeling the all-dressed-up look, so I put on a white button-down and some black pants and shoes. I didn't feel like putting on a whole suit, so I minimized it. 

...

It has been about two hours since I woke up and almost everyone is up, but I haven't seen Scarlette yet. The whole house is functioning at this moment. I headed back upstairs to my room and my door was opened. I walked inside and Scarlette wasn't in there, but my drawer was opened. 

She found something

I don't know what she found, but it looks like she wasn't too happy about it. I looked out of my room and she was most definitely in her room. I knocked on her door softly and waited for her to answer. "Whoever this is go away," She said, but her voice sounded hurt. Fuck, I wish I knew what I put in that drawer. " Mi Regina, can you please open the door and tell me what's wrong?" I said softly. 

" Especially you, Malakai get the fuck away from me," She said harshly from the other side of the door. I guess I will be coming in a different way. I pulled the key to her room out of my pocket and unlocked the door. I slowly opened the door and Scarlette was sitting on her bed with fresh tears running down her face. 

" Now, I can't have my own room locked because I simply wouldn't open it for you," She said with so much anger in her voice. " Can you tell me what is wrong? Because I don't know what is wrong. talk to me," I said as I closed the door locked it behind me, and slowly approached her. " You lie, kill, steal whatever you like Malakai. I always see you go in the drawer next to your bed and I also know you have multiple copies of things. I bet you know by now I watch what you do, but you are too busy catching up on work to notice. Why the hell are there signatures of you and my father signing off to this marriage years ago and then over the mafia?"

She threw the signed papers at me. To be honest all of this was her father's idea, but I decided to take the blame so she won't be angry with her father. " Scarlette, you wouldn't understand if I told you why. These decisions were made for a reason and I am not the only one you should be mad at. You do have the right to be angry though." She let out a breathy laugh. " Then make me understand because that isn't the only thing."

What else did she find? " Can we have this-" I didn't finish my sentence and she threw multiple photos at me. I looked at the photos and I folded my lip in because these photos do a lot of explaining. " You with other women, Malakai, are you fucking dumb. These were recent also. You fucking other women while laid up with me, your wife, but you decided to run to women who don't have a chance in taking my spot. You only married me, so you can get me pregnant with the heir or heiress to this damn mafia. Am I right? You don't fucking care you are still the heartless man I know," She said with so much hatred in her voice.