Shelby & Liam

Imagine....

"36, 24, 07"

"Come on! Open you big piece of useless metal! Open!"

You pounded your locker in frustration. From waking up 10 minutes before school started, to the surprise pop quiz in math, to forgetting your lunch at home, this was the worst thing that had happened all day.

You had spent weeks working on a project for chemistry and when you finally finished, you had put it in your locker for safe keeping. You had about 4 minutes before Chemistry started and without that project you were going to fail.

Taking in a deep breath, you tried opening your locker for the fourth time. Again, it didn't open.

"Having trouble there?" Someone said from behind. You turned around and spotted your best friend Liam.

"Ugh Lili....can you get this to open?" You asked leaning beside your locker. "Sure shelbs"

In less than a minute Liam managed to open your locker, holding the door open.

"How did you open it?" You asked smiling like an idiot. "We'll I just spun this knob right until I got to the number 36, then I spun left to 14, then right to 07" he said smiling a very cheeky smile.

"Ohh that's why it wouldn't open for me! I stopped on 24, not 14!" You said taking out your model. You looked up to see Liam rolling his eyes at you.

"Only you Shelb, only you" he helped you get out the enormous project and close the locker door. "This for chemistry?" He asked inspecting everything. "No Liam it's for English" you said laughing. "Well good luck failing he said taking it from you.

You had never questioned your feelings toward Liam. He was just a friend, but something changed over the summer. You suddenly saw how cute, funny, caring, strong and amazing he was.

You had never told him though because you knew he only liked you as a friend. It killed you knowing he didn't have mutual feelings towards you, but you couldn't do anything about it.

"Anyways..." Liam said breaking the silence. "The bell's about to ring. I'll walk you to class" he said smiling. You happily accepted and began to walk.

"So listen.." Liam began making both of you stop. "You doing anything Saturday night?" He asked looking at your project. "Uh no. What did you have in mind?" You asked giggling.

He smiled but didn't say anything. "Basketball? Movie night? Bowling night? Party?" You asked naming things you guys usually did.

"No... I was thinking something a little different" he said looking up. He had that half smile, half smirk you loved to see. "Like?" You smiled taking in your project. The bell was surely about to ring, and you need him to ask you on a date already so you could hurry and go to class.

"Well.... I was thinking maybe me and you could go get dinner...like as a..date" he said blushing.

At that moment the bell rang, but you didn't care. He finally did it! He finally asked you out! "Well Mr. Payne, I'd be delighted to but..." You said smirking.

He looked into your eyes and frowned. "But what..?" He asked bitting his bottom lip. 'Damn' you thought. 'Why does he have to be so cute!?'

"Well what should I wear?" You asked giggling. His face relaxed and turning up into a grin. He leaned in and brought his lips to your ear.

"As long as you're there, I don't care" you felt your knees go numb as his hot breath touched you skin. "But where a dress" he pulled away and kissed you cheek. "Get to class now" he said smiling. You looked into his brown chocolate eyes and grinned. "That's the exact opposite I'll do" you replied smirking.

"Just go to class dork" with that, Liam turned and walked the opposite way your class was.

"Count on it" you whispered. You then turned and walked towards Chemistry. As long as you knew you had a date with Liam, nothing could bring you down anymore.