Uncover the lost love softly, gently and with all the care in world.

________________________________________

                                   Keep me ensconced in your strong arms,

                              Keep me away from all of the coming harms;

                               Keep me alive with your hardest endeavour,

                                      So I may stay here with you forever.

                             And so, I called upon the heaven's assistance,

                      I called upon the angels' wisdom from the distance;

                          Pray that I will be allowed to survive the night,

                              And to see your face come morning light.

                         ________________________________________

When Alec woke up, he felt so disconnected that he couldn't open his eyes. The ground beneath him felt soft and luxurious but before he could process the information, his body revolted against the sharp pain in his head. This was a headache from hell and judging by the double visions that he was subjected previously, it really shouldn't have come as any surprise.

Oh.. the throbbing in his head was driving him to distraction. Alec wished that he had never woken up at all.

"Alexander?" A soft, velvety voice caressed his ears. Alec knew that voice anywhere.

His eyes slitted open gingerly and slowly the familiar, handsome face came into view. "Magnus..." He whispered. The familiar relief that he always felt whenever he saw Magnus near him flooded throughout his body.

"Are you alright? You look like you're in pain." Magnus asked in his lowered voice. The deep, lines of frown on Alec's forehead were a sure indication.

"Headache.." Alec rasped. He felt Magnus gently pry open his clenched hands - he wasn't even aware he did that - and ran a ringed finger across his lips, urging Alec to release the lips from between his teeth.

"That bad, huh?" Magnus said sympathetically. The lighting in the room was being dimmed magically and then, he raised his hands with an intention to take away the pain. But the healing blue magic was simply being absorbed without taking away the pain. He tried again with a same result. "That's strange..."

"What's wrong?"

"I have detected the cause of your headache, but when I tried to heal it, the magic simply passed through like nothing happens. " Magnus said in confusion. "As of now you shouldn't have any headache."

"Oh... well, I'm not even surprised. Nothing about this whole vision-seeing ability makes any sense," Alec said in resigned tone. "Maybe it's because it came from the angels and, who knows, maybe angel power and magic don't really mix."

"If that's the case, then, I don't know how to help you," Magnus said helplessly.

"Can't you just knock me out?" Alec whispered half-serious half-jokingly. The pain in his head was killing him that he could barely keep his eyes open.

Magnus tightened his lips into a straight thin line at Alec's request. It told him just how much in pain Alec was. In his long life, Magnus had always been able to help people around him - in sickness, in injury, in granting wishes, in the matter of memory or even in providing counselling. The fact that Magnus was not able to help Alec time and time again ever since this whole thing started, was driving him up the wall. Even with his vast knowledge and skills, Magnus couldn't help the one who mattered the most.