Chapter 5

A/N: I literally have nothing to say for the beginning A/N, which is really a first for me.

Oh wait, I do have something to say... Please don't mind if any of the schedule stuff sound really messy and illogical here... As I've said before, I don't get how any of this works, and that's not how the education system in my country is.

Besides, it's high school stuff, and I'll only go to high school next year.

By the way, any name of any mentor/teacher here, I did thorough research, and it's definitely what they teach, or something similar, like alchemy to chemistry or something.

Except one specific one. :))

Also, spot The Selection reference!!

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Sophie

After year-end break...

Sophie yawned. "To be honest, I don't see the point in school, y'know."

Her, Linh, Liam and Tam were being driven to Foxfire High, her and Linh's high school for... Well, either till they got kicked out, or till they graduated.

Sophie and Linh were on the ride to school.

Liam was their driver.

And Tam was there 'cause... Well, he'd insisted on seeing his sister get safely to school.

"If you weren't up all of last night reading, you wouldn't be so tired," Liam chuckled.

Sophie mock gasped. "Don't blame the book."

"Right, blame yourself."

She rolled her eyes, changing the subject. "Hey Linh, how long do you think it'll take before we get into trouble?"

"Don't. Even. Think about it," the two males in the car chorused.

Both girls ignored them.

"Probably a few minutes, since we'd highly likely get lost and get to class late," Linh answered nonchalantly.

"There's something called a map, you know," Liam complained.

They stopped at a building. "We're here," he announced.

As Sophie and Linh got ready to leave, Sophie reached up and ruffled her brother's hair.

"I'm older than you," he reminded in a bored tone.

His tone and the silver lining his eyes didn't really go together.

"If you'll miss me, then don't let me go," she bargained.

"Yeah, no way," he pinched her cheek. "Don't get into too much trouble. And don't blow up the school please."

Her eyes burned. "Right back at you."

They shared a smile.

For ten years, all they had was each other.

You could see how hard it was now that the siblings had to be separated.

Even for only a few hours.

Apparently, Tam and Linh were facing the same dilemma.

Linh was outright in tears.

"Come on," Sophie said, gently tugging at her friend's arm.

She raised a hand in farewell to both boys.

Suddenly, Wrath's Headquarters looked a whole lot more inviting than the main building of Foxfire high.

Sophie glanced at her friend. "You okay, Linh?"