three

𝘀𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗼𝗻 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿, 𝗲𝗽𝗶𝘀𝗼𝗱𝗲 𝘁𝘄𝗼:goodbye, john

goodbye, john

WHEN MARGARET WOKE UP, a black dress was displayed on the lovechair. Probably Thomas who gave it to her for John's burial. She looked at herself in the mirror, her eyes bags where prominent and her skin paler than yesterday. The truth was she hadn't gotten any sleep last night, her mind constantly going back to Thomas Shelby and how his hand felt on her waist.

Maggie slipped a dark leather shoulder rig and put her gun in the hostler sling low under her left armpit, just above her hip. Then grabbed her overcoat and put it on, she lighted a cigarette before leaving the room just to land on Thomas Shelby waiting for her.

"Morning," she mumbled, clearly exhausted. "Thank you for the dress," she added, exhaling the smoke onto his face as he nodded his head.

He looked up and down at her, "Suits ye," he said in a low voice. His eyes stopped above her hip as he noticed the gun. "Fuck, Maggie. A gun. You're a woman for fuck's sake."

Margaret shrugged, "I'm no ordinary woman, Thomas," she told him. "I thought you knew that," she added with a chuckle.

"That I knew," he spoke inhaling the smoke and blew it around them, he handed his cigarette to Margaret which she kindly took, inhaled, and gave it back to Tom. "In you go," he told her as he held the door for the woman.

Margaret's green eyes were settled on Thomas Shelby's hands as he drove to an open field, his hand would sometimes tighten around the steering wheel as a sigh would escape his plump lips. The burial was only family, and close friends—the only people missing were Esme and their kids, but none of them could blame the widow for her decisions.

Maggie stood between Arthur and Finn, both of them taller than her and once again she felt tiny surrounded by the Shelbys. The trailer was still perfect as everyone reunited, and Thomas Shelby stood there for a moment as Arthur joined him.

He cleared his throat, looking up from the ground, "This is how John wanted to go. On this smoke. . . and the truth is we died together once before. Arthur, me, Danny WhizzBang, Freddie Thorne, Jeremiah, and John." He continued to speak as Margaret tried her best to listen to it all, but couldn't bring herself to focus on his sayings.

Polly's voice was the thing that made her snap out of it, "You remember that God spared you. But what did you do with that extra time that He gave you, eh, Thomas" Tommy seemed unfazed yet his glance towards his aunt betrayed him, he was hurt but so was Polly. Her anger was fair.

Thomas was now next to Margaret, their shoulders lightly touching as they watched Arthur lighting a match and throwing it in the woods. It slowly started to go up in the flames, and Maggie knew this would be burned to the ground in four hours. The woman noticed some men far away from them, and apparently, Thomas did too.