nine

𝘀𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗼𝗻 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿, 𝗲𝗽𝗶𝘀𝗼𝗱𝗲 𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲: do you hate me?

do you hate me?

SECONDS, MINUTES, HOURS FELT LIKE eternity as Margaret Kegley stood in the silent home, Charles on the side of her hip as she softly rocked him. Ever since she came back home, his eyes were heavy and yawning was all he could do. Apparently, falling asleep in his bed wasn't an option as he kept asking Maggie to hold him so that was what she did.

Her mind was being consumed with thoughts, and she couldn't help but ask herself millions of questions wondering if Thomas Shelby would make it alive. Perhaps, he would but there were chances he wouldn't, and it kept worrying her.

Margaret heard knocks on the door as she was putting Charles to bed, she quietly closed the bedroom door and grabbed her gun. Her hand tightened around it as she reached the door, it slowly opened and Maggie held it up. Finn appeared, his eyes widening as he put his hands in surrender.

"Fucking hell, Finn!" Muttered Margaret slamming her gun on the dresser on the side. "Are you fucking insane? I almost shot you!"

Finn chuckled closing the door behind him, "Aye, sorry. Polly asked me to check up on you."

Margaret sighed, "Well, I'm fine. Drink?" Finn nodded his head as she grabbed two glasses and a bottle of whiskey. "Have you heard from Tommy?" Queried Maggie, not having any idea if his brothers actually knew.

Finn's lips formed a thin line as he shook his head, "Nah. Haven't heard a thing. He must be around."

The room went silent again as Margaret grabbed a cigarette and lighted it, she offered one to the Youngest Shelby but he refused and kept his drink in hand. The smoke filled the room as ashes went to the ground, and all Maggie could do was smile and look at Finn. He seemed so innocent, too young to be brought in this bloody world. Somehow Finn was way too good for this type of world.

"Maggie!" Arthur's voice echoed through the house and she rushed to the hall, already cursing under her breath. "Maggie!" He repeated once again.

Margaret put a finger on his mouth, stopping him from screaming, "Stop screaming. Charles is asleep, aye!" Complained the woman and Arthur chuckled before trying to bite her finger. "Sod off, Arthur." Added Maggie, slapping his chest before leading him in the kitchen.

"Polly asked me. . ."

". . . to check up on me." Finished Margaret as she poured a drink to Arthur and gave it to him. "Did Polly asked the whole fucking family to come 'ere?" Laughed the brunette.

"Thought Tommy would be here." Admitted Arthur, holding his flat cap. "If something bad happened Tommy will make it alive, Maggie." Reassured the man reaching for her hand across the table. Margaret could say how much she hated Thomas Shelby for everything he did to her, but eyes didn't lie. Hers, especially.