eleven

𝘀𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗼𝗻 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿, 𝗲𝗽𝗶𝘀𝗼𝗱𝗲 𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲: big fucks small

big fucks small

THE PAIN WAS BEARABLE. At least, that was what Margaret thought.  It was still painful to walk, but she got used to it.  Even though leaving the bed wasn't allowed, Tommy's order.  Talking about Tommy, he would sometimes come into her room late at night and would just sit in the love chair in the corner of her room.  His eyes would fall on her as the moon shined down on the woman, and he would go to sleep knowing she was safe and all right.

She slowly moved out of bed, quietly wincing as she stood up but kept it quiet as Tommy was still asleep in the love chair, "Fuck."

"What did I tell you?" A deep voice spoke, meaning Tommy was awake. She turned around to see him staring at her. "Get some fucking rest, Maggie."

She shook her head, "I'm okay, Tom. Besides, we have a meeting today."

Tommy hummed, "Family meeting doesn't concern you."

She furrowed her eyebrows scoffing, "It does. More than you think." She answered, her eyes looking everywhere but Tommy. She didn't want to admit it, but hearing him say that hurt her. "So you'll fucking go out and let me get dressed."

He sighed before standing up and leaving the room.  As he stepped in the sunlight, she took a second to look at him.  His blue tired eyes, pale skin, defined cheekbones.  He hadn't been sleeping and she could see it.  Something usual, he would do whenever he was anxious or nervous.  Before he left the bedroom, she wrapped her hand around his wrist and stopped him in his tracks.  Slowly but surely, she went over him and her arms circled his neck bringing him into a hug.  Thomas was surprised at first but returned it as his hand moved to the back of her head holding her close to him.

"I'm sorry, right?" She whispered as he hummed, not being able to say something to catch up in the moment. "Am I allowed to come to the family meeting?"

He pulled away nodding his head, "Of course, ye are." He smiled before he walked out of the room. She sat down, her eyes peeked at her wound who seemed better than yesterday. "Maggie. Someone on the phone!"

Thomas had agreed on keeping the secret between his Aunt, Margaret, and himself. The plan was to make the Italians believe Arthur was dead, so they could somehow think of a way to kill Luca Changretta— as they agreed. By Arthur Shelby's hand. But the man had a hard time in recovery, so he'd daily call Maggie, and use the name Paddy.

"Hello, Maggie." His voice came out as a whisper, his throat probably still hurting from the wound.

Margaret smiled widely, "How are you today?"

"Oi, I'm just great." He replied and she could hear the smile in his voice. "I miss ye." He admitted. The man had been feeling lonely without his son, or wife.  And it made Margaret happy to make his day a little brighter, just like he made hers better.