sixteen

𝘀𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗼𝗻 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿: i can hear the bells ringing!

𝘀𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗼𝗻 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿:
i can hear the bells ringing!

MARGARET LET OUT A GENTLE breath, her hands shakily tried to comb her hair.  Soft knocks interrupted her as the door flew open, revealing her fiancé.  The man she was supposed to get married in to in less than four hours.  He stepped in, holding flowers in his hand.

"I know 'am not supposed to see you before the wedding, but Charles and I got you something." He softly said as he handed the bouquet.  Margaret smiled grabbing it in and bringing it to her nose as she smelled the fresh cut flowers. "Wanted to know how's the baby doing too."

Maggie instinctively put a hand on her lower stomach, "Baby's doing pretty well." Chuckled the woman. "Want to feel it?"

The bump may not be that big, but it was enough to bring a smile to the two adults.  Knowing she'd show soon, they had to get married before, it was the rule? Eh, something like that. . . Maybe it was just a way for them to finally do the big step without admitting they had both been secretly craving for it.  Everyone was quite happy with the news, the Golds, Jeremiah, Polly, Arthur, everyone.  Thomas' hands shyly laid on the woman's stomach as she sent him a reassuring smile. Thomas had already experienced all of it when he was with Grace, but having a second chance to know how it felt again was like breathing a fresh bowl of air in this polluted city. Like he had a chance at life again.

"Can Polly know what sex is it?"

Maggie laughed, "I'd rather avoid the touching tits on my wedding day." She said as he chuckled. The woman focused back on her hair as he stayed there, admiring her. "Are you gonna get ready or?"

He stood up clearing his throat, "Ye right. I'm sorry." He cupped her face, sailing their lips before pulling away and leaving the house.

Standing up, she reached for the dress displayed on the bed. Her index grazed the piece of clothing, white always had been a pretty colour but now she couldn't help but wonder how white would look on her. Would it be too dull? Or would it be perfect? Of course, she was a nerve wreck ever since the doctor confirmed Polly's sayings. First, she still couldn't believe she was actually carrying Thomas' child, secondly, she couldn't believe she was going to get married.

Maggie always saw herself as an independent woman, and never felt the need to marry someone. She always did what she thought was the best for her. Slipping on the dress, she admired herself in the mirror, tears pricking her eyes as she remembered the wedding pictures she had seen from her parents. And, she currently hated herself for not wearing her mother's dress, sadly it had been burnt with all their left belongings. Knocks on the door echoed through the room and she opened the door, seeing Esmeralda Gold with Bonnie behind.

"Oh, my god. You made it." Whispered the woman, embracing the two Golds. "Do I look okay?" Muttered the woman as she stepped away, the door entirely revealing the woman.