seventeen

𝘀𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗼𝗻 𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲, 𝗲𝗽𝗶𝘀𝗼𝗱𝗲 𝗼𝗻𝗲: perhaps, in another life

perhaps, in another life.

MARGARET ALWAYS THOUGHT marriage life would be dull, and sometimes, empty but it wasn't with Tommy. As weird as it seemed, they were happy with Charles, and the horses. The woman had this awful image of marriage growing up, mainly because everyone she knew fought, or love seemed to fade away with the time. But now, she got it, all of it.

The pregnancy went surprisingly well, she lived it perfectly without any major problems except for nausea, back pain, but it was all worth it as soon as she saw her baby. On a cold night of November, the Shelbys welcomed a little boy, healthy and already looking like his father. Elliot had grown up to be a kind and amazing kid, just like Charles was. Charles was delighted to be an older brother, and the two would spend all their time together. Tommy and Maggie would sometimes talk about how if they had another boy, they'd probably be like Arthur, Thomas, and John. Thomas wasn't really able to hold his excitement when the subject of babies would come up at family dinner, stating he couldn't wait to get more.

"Where is dad?" Queried Charles as Maggie fixed her overcoat. "He said he'd be back."

Margaret walked over to her boys, "Daddy is going to be here soon, eh? Trust me."

Truth was Margaret didn't really know what they were exactly doing here, they had been camping for the last few days, and Tommy still hadn't said a word except for a call. Elliot let out a long sigh as he pouted, Margaret laid a hand on each of their cheeks sweetly rubbing them with the pad of her thumb. She reached for the toys on the side and handed them to them.

"Look, here's your horse, Ellie." Whispered Margaret as she played with it. "He's waiting for you at home."

Charlie took a car and played with it around the wagon, "Mama, I want to have the same car as you."

Margaret arched an eyebrow, "You don't want the same as daddy?" He shook his head. "Why not?"

"Because yours is better!" He argued with a chuckle as Margaret laughed.

The woman bopped his nose with her finger, "Is that what you think?" Before Charlie could answer, she turned her head seeing Tom coming back. "Daddy's here, boys."

"Mommy. . ." Elliot whimpered, pulling on his mom's dress. "What is that?" He pointed at the hole Johnny Dogs and other men were digging with a dead covered horse on the side.

Elliot didn't wait for Maggie's answer as he jogged to his father, and Tommy knelt down taking him in his arms.  Margaret stayed by Charlie's side as she admired Elliot.  Charlier and Elliot were almost the same, shy smile, blue eyes, except for the hair—Charlie had his mother's hair, blonde and shiny, while Elliot had dark brown hair like Maggie and Tommy. 

"How's Charlie?" Quizzed Tom as he put Ellie down.

Maggie shrugged, "Mad at you, I think." Honestly replied the wife. "He heard the rumours, Tom."