Warm and Fuzzy

"Congratulations Nii-San! Were so proud of you! We're sorry we can't be there for your final day of class!" Sasuke says over his computer. "Oh don't worry. It's just the end of the semester. I have another semester to go. Please tell them not to worry Sasuke" Itachi says smiling through the video chat.

"Well I'm really proud of you Itachi." "Thank you Sasuke. I better go now. Tell them I said hi and give them my love" he replies. "I will. Bye big brother!". Itachi closes his computer and leans back. He's finally done with his chemistry courses and has some time off before his next semester starts. He looks at the time and sees its still relatively early. He grabs his jacket and heads out.

"Hey Itachi. Long time no see. How's school?" The old bartender asks him as he sits down at his favorite hole in the wall. "Hey Nero. It's good. I just finished another semester. One more to go" he smiles as the bartender sets down a glass of red wine in front of him. "That's amazing Itachi!" The old man yells. "Don't forget about us small timers when you become a hot-shot pharma guy!" Itachi chuckles "Forget about this place? Never Nero" he smiles. Nero slaps the counter and gives him the finger guns as he tends to another customer Itachi bows his head slightly and pulls out his book to begin reading.

Every break between classes he either comes here or to the park and reads to pass his days. He enjoys this bar as it's small and plays a variety of jazz, classical and lounge music. It's never rowdy and perfect for reading, soon he's enveloped into his book and on his second glass. ________________________________________________________________________________

"Hey Kisame. Where you headed?" Hidan asks. "I have some clients on the upper west, then I'm gonna swing by Neros. Want to meet after?" He asks. "Yeah, don't be late this time. We have an important meeting with one of Kyu's guys!" Hidan says as they go there separate ways.

"Nero! How's it going man?!" Kisame asks the small, Asian bartender as he meets him outside. "Oh you know the same my man. Trying to stay above ground, it ain't easy with Kyu around now," the old man says sadly.

Kisame raises an eyebrow "Kyu still making you buy his protection?" He asks. The old man nods. Anger surges through Kisame, he may be a criminal but he doesn't take advantage of people trying to make a living.

"I'll see what I can do Nero, okay?" The old man pats Kisame on the waist since he can't reach his shoulder. "Okay my boy. But first come have a beer. I'm slow today. Very few customers." Kisame shakes his head, "I cant old man. I got things to do. Maybe next time." Nero puts his hands up as if hes a hostage. "Fine, I'll just stay here with my 2 customers and wither away," he says sadly. Kisame chuckles and shakes his head, "One day that's gonna stop working old man." He pats Nero on the back as he follows him into the bar, Nero smiling successfully.

Kisame comes around the back to the other side of the bar and notices someone at the end. His heart jumps 5 meters in his chest. "What do you want Kisame?" The old man says. Itachis heart skips a beat hearing the name, he slowly lifts his head, seeing a towering figure standing at the other end of the bar chatting with the old man like they're best friends.

"Any draft Nero," Kisame looks over to find Itachi staring at him. "Einstein?" He says acting surprised. Itachi gives a small smile, warming Kisames cold blood. "You know Itachi, Kisame?" Nero asks pouring his beer. Kisame walks toward Itachi. "Sorta kinda. I guess you can say we're both.... night owls" Kisame laughs.

"Well Itachi, Kisame here is a good friend to have. I've known him since he was a wee pup. Protected this place ever since he could walk" Nero says placing his beer in front of Kisame as he sits down. "Will you shut it old man?" Kisame chuckles.

Itachi smiles at their exchange, "Seems like Kisame does a lot of protecting" he says. Nero nods quickly "Oh yeah, I mean look at him. Thank goodness he's a good guy. I'd be in trouble if he weren't" he laughs.