𝟷.𝟷𝟹

𝐎𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐔𝐬
-third person-

Nini sees Thalia slip out of the barn. She furrows her eyebrows and follows the girl out. She looks around the farm for her, and that's when she finds Thalia. She was around the corner sitting on the ground with her face in her hand. She was crying.

"Thalia!" Nini exclaims and runs over to the girl. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, just- uh-" Thalia stutters, not knowing what to say.

"Thalia, just tell me," Nini grabs the girl's face and looks in her eyes.

"It's just... You know how EJ and I have been hanging out, right?" Thalia asks. "Like a lot?" Nini nods. "Well, I've started to grow some... feelings for him."

"Well, that's not a problem, I'm sure he feels the same way!" Nini exclaims.

"But that's the thing. Just now, I saw him and Gina having a moment," I whisper.

"What?" She asks with sad, sympathetic eyes.

"Yeah, they were laughing, smiling, looking at each other with longing eyes, staring, the whole shebang," Thalia sighs as a tear slips down her cheek.

"Hey, don't cry! Maybe it's a misunderstanding. Come on, everyone sees the way EJ looks at you. It's undeniable. In all the time me and EJ dated, I never saw him look at me the way he looks at you," Nini assured the girl.

"But, tell me the truth. Did he ever look at you the way he looked at Gina?" Thalia asks.

"Well how did he look at Gina?" Nini asks.

Thalia then recreates EJ's face.

Nini shakes her head.

~
🎥

"I so badly wanted to ask if she ever saw him look that way at me... But I was scared of the answer," Thalia sighs.

~

"Hey, what about Only Us? Weren't you gonna surprise everyone with that?" She asks.

"I can't do that now," Thalia states. "What if-"

"Thalia, I know what you were gonna ask. Yes, he has. But now, it's time for you to see it yourself. I guarantee he will," She tells Thalia, placing her hands on Thalia's shoulders.

"Now, here. You don't sound like you've been crying, so that's good. Let's just fix your makeup. Good thing you wore waterproof mascara," Nini chuckles.

~~~

Nini grabs a microphone for Thalia. Thalia runs up on stage with the mic.

"Hey, everyone!" She chuckles. "So, I wanted to just come up here because I wanted to sing a song. Like a surprise and everything."

"Go, Thalia!" Carlos exclaims.

Thalia looks over at Seb who has the sheet music. He smirks and starts playing.

"I don't need you to sell me on reasons to want you," Thalia begins to sing softly into the mic. Everyone in the room is watching as she sings and Seb plays the piano. EJ smiles widely and points the camera at her. He already knew the song. "I don't need you to search for the proof that I should. You don't have to convince me. You don't have to be scared you're not enough. 'Cause what we've got going is good" She isn't able to peal her eyes away from one specific point in the crowd. A particular blue eyed boy, named EJ Caswell. He smiles at her softly and she smiles right back. "I don't need more reminders of all that's been broken. I don't need you to fix what I'd rather forget." She shuts her eyes and gets into the song. "Clear the slate and start over. Try to quiet the noises in your head. We can't compete with all that"