𝟷.𝟷𝟿

Second Choice
-Thalia-

"What are you all doing here?" Lily asks. "Scoping out the competition?"

"We came for our Beast mask. We know you took it!" Carlos points his finger at the blonde girl.

"Pardon me, but our costumes are most excellent," Antoine states. "Why would we steal your mask, when it is so, uh... I... We do not have a word for this in France, but in America, I believe you say 'fugly'?"

Everyone gasps.

"What did you call my work?" Kourtney snaps at the French boy.

"Quoi?" Antoine asks. I don't think he understood exactly how insulting that was.

"Look, I'm sure your mask is supes cute. But we're just in different league," Lily chuckles. "I mean, we're literally a quasi-pre-professional theater company, and you guys put on shows based on made-for-TV movies. Now maybe you should listen to your precious High School Musical and stick to the stuff you know."

I was angry. This little brat just insulted us, East High, Miss Jenn, and everything we stand for.

"Listen here, you may have a fancier school and a better budget, but we have the talent. You can all focus on how much better your costumes are, but at least we wouldn't stoop so low as to steal someone's show and costume," Thalia snarls at the girl. "I mean, you must be somewhat intimidated by us since you did steal our Beast mask."

"Yeah, let's wait till the Menkies. We'll see who's in what league then," Ricky adds.

"Or we could find out now," Lily suggests.

"What does that mean?" Big Red asks.

"We challenge you to a good old-fashioned dance-off," Lily replies with a smirk.

"A what?" Nini asks.

"A school versus school dance off to a Beauty and the Beast song chosen at random," Lily explains. "You'll do your version, and we'll do ours. We'll see which school has what it takes. No costumes, no makeup, just talent." Lily then glares at me.

"I'm sorry, no. That's weird," Ricky scoffs and starts to walk out of the room.

"Super weird," Ashlynn agrees with a nod.

"Even for me. Let's go, guys?" Carlos adds

Everyone starts to leave when Lily says something that makes me a million times more mad.

"Classic East High," Lily laughs. "Walking out of here with your tail between your legs. Just like your Miss Jenn did when she gave up on Broadway. And, you know, let's be honest, maybe your Belle just can't cut it."

"Ok, at least I didn't need to go to another school to actually get the part," Thalia shoots back at the girl. Antoine let's out a little chuckle and Lily slaps his arm.

"Okay, then. Let's settle this," Lily chuckles.

They lead us out of the room. Carlos texts EJ and Gina to join us in the auditorium.

~~~

As we're stretching, I see Lily and EJ talking. She places her hand on his arm and smiles at him. I cant see his face from the angle, but he doesn't seem very opposed to it. From across the room I see a very familiar face. It was Mason. He was looking at me too, but then he looked away. My eyes widen.