𝟷.𝟸𝟾

Move On
-third-

Thalia was walking the halls of East High, trying her best to avoid most of her so called "friends." That's when she bumps into Gina Porter. Her eyes widen and she immediately walks off. But, Gina follows her.

"Thalia!" Gina shouts to the girl, grabbing her arm, turning her around. "Hey..." She greets awkwardly.

"What do you want?" Thalia mutters. 

"I just wanted to talk..." Gina trails. "It's been a while."

"Why'd you do it?" Thalia asks. 

"D-Do what?" Gina stutters softly. 

~

🎥 

"Is she really playing dumb right now?" Thalia rolls her eyes.

~

"Why'd you kiss my boyfriend, Gina," Thalia groans. "You knew we were dating, and you kissed him anyway. Why'd you do it?"

"Because I liked him!" She exclaims.

"Just because you like someone doesn't mean you can go around kissing them," Thalia snaps at her. "We all know you liked Ricky, but you never kissed him. Not when he was single, not when he was with Nini. But when it came to my boyfriend you just couldn't help yourself?" Thalia begins to raise her voice. "What did I ever do to you? Why have you had it out for me. You've tried to ruin my life not once, but twice."

"Because, when I say I liked him, I mean I really liked him!" Gina states sadly.

"Okay, well I loved him," Thalia seethes. "And he loved me. Not you."

"I know that!" Gina yelps. "Thalia. They've always liked you. Every time. Ricky was in love with you when I liked him. And now EJ? Its always you, okay? And I wanted that, for once."

"But you'd be willing to blow up my life, my relationship, just so you could feel like you won?" Thalia chuckles dryly and looks off.

"Yes. But it's not just my fault. Remember, EJ kissed me back," Gina sighs and then walks off. 

"I know," Thalia softly exhales to absolutely no one.

She looks to her left and sees EJ. He's staring at her with his puppy dog eyes. Thalia turns on her heels and walks in the other direction.

She needed to let him go.

~~~

"EJ, can we talk?" Thalia asks, walking up to him after school. EJ looks to his friends giving them a "go ahead without me" look.

"Whats up, Li- Thalia?" He asks with a soft smile.

"Um, I don't think that me and you-"

"Thalia..." He exhales softly.

"EJ, come on, you know I won't be able to trust you anymore," Thalia sighs shaking her head.

"But I love you, Thalia!" He exclaims. 

"Yeah, and I love you too, but-"

"No, Thalia I made a mistake, but, when I tell you I won't do it again, I mean it," He takes her hands in his.

Thalia looks up in his eyes. "But, EJ, you're going to college. There will be so many pretty girls and-"

"None of them will ever amount to you," He places his hand on her cheek. Thalia places her hand on EJ's but pulls it down.

"I'm sorry, EJ," She whispers. Then she walks to her car, leaving.

~~~ 

As Thalia reads The Summer I Turned Pretty, she listens to Taylor Swift and Shawn Mendes. 

"Oh, Jeremiah, why can't all guys be like you," Thalia whispers softly. Then, outside she hears more music clashing with her music. She pauses Cruel Summer to make sure she's not just hearing things. But she was right, there was something outside. She walks over to the window and opens the curtains. She looks out and see's EJ in the rain, sopping wet. She opens the window. "EJ! What are you doing here?"

"I needed to tell you something. And you need to listen!" He shouts. He then restarts the music. 

He begins singing a song. He wrote the song. He wrote it... for her

"I've been stupid, I've been dumb," He sings. "But I just need you to know that i won't mess up, I wont mess it up this time."

He continues on, Thalia listening attentively. "And I will never give you up. Even if you don't forgive me, I will never forget you and I will always try to find a way for you to forgive me 'Cause that's what people do when they're in love, Oo, Oo." He closes his eyes and gets in the feeling of the music. Thalia had to admit that even though this was super cheesy, she loved it. "And even if you never do. Even if you find somebody new. I will never stop, never stop loving you. And even when I'm miles away, even when I can never see your face. I love you, I love you!" Thalia runs out of the room and downstairs to where he is. She exits the house and goes into the rain, looking at him.

"Thalia," He smiles softly.

And in that moment, that extremely cheesy moment, she ran over and pulled him into a needy kiss. He immediately kissed her back. "I love you," He mutters between the kisses. 

Thalia was hoping she made the right decision. Because in this moment it felt super right.