𝟷.𝟸𝟸

Duke
-third person-

"Hi. Thank you all for coming to rehearsal on the morning. I know it's a crazy day with the career fair and all," Miss Jenn states.

"I think i'm gonna die," Thalia whispers to EJ.

"Thalia, you only woke up an hour and a half early," EJ chuckles lowly.

"Yeah. That's a precious hour and a half of beauty sleep that I need," Thalia whines.

"Well, in my opinion, you don't need it because you're already beautiful," EJ smirks down at the girl and wraps his arms around her, resting his chin on her head.

"But, anyway, given all of your behavior last week, I believe we are lucky to be rehearsing at all," Miss Jenn finishes. "For future reference, singing and dancing, good. Breaking and entering, bad."

"But we didn't break anything..." Seb trails.

Thalia face palms a bit and EJ laughs.

"Would you like me to be the first?" Miss Jenn snaps at the blonde boy.

"I'm good," Seb squeaks.

"Okay, I'm just going to say it," Carlos sighs. "Zack Riy stole our Beast mask. Why are you not freaking out?"

"Because winners don't freak out, Carlos," Miss Jenn replies. "They rise. When they go low, we sing high."

She then sings a super high note.

"My eardrums were not prepared for that," EJ chuckles.

"Oh, mine were. You never know when Miss Jenn is gonna do something like that, so I stay on high alert," Thalia grins up at the boy.

Gina glares at the couple happily smiling at each other. So does Ricky.

~
🎥

"Look, I'm totally happy for the two of them. EJ seems to make Thalia really happy. So good for her!" Ricky exclaims.

~
~
🎥

"EJ is the first guy I've liked since Ricky. I'm not gonna lose him like I lost Ricky. I cant give up that easily," Gina sighs.

~

"Okay! Let's rehearse! Ricky, remember where you are emotionally," Miss Jenn turns to the curly haired boy. "Belle has just rebuked your marriage proposal and LeFou is rallying the guys to boost you back up. Let's hit it."

Everyone sits at the benches except the guys in the song.

"Go get 'em, Biggie!" Ashlynn exclaims.

"Thanks!" Big Red smiles awkwardly. "All good!"

"I wasn't saying you weren't..." Ashlynn trails. "Just know that I am loyally rooting for you, okay?"

"Oui, oui," He sighs with a nod.

"Big Red, whenever you're ready," Miss Jenn tells the red headed boy.